That Guy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That Guy

I own 1964 17ft Uniflite powered by 1976 Evinrude 70HP outboard. I am 32 but I enjoy the style and character of classic boats. I live near the Kenmore boat launch so I hope to be out around the North end of Lake Washington most of this spring and summer. Unfortunately, I am the farthest thing from a mechanic or craftsman and to top that all off I am cheap too. Yeah, that guy. I bow down to your knowledge. But I have been known to pick up a paint brush from time to time so hopefully I can take a few steps toward making my boat a little more respectable. Hope to see some of your excellently restored boats this Saturday on Lake Washington for your slough run. Thanks.
    Attached Files
    ~Mike
    1964 17ft Uniflite / 1976 Evinrude 70HP

Mike,
    Welcome to the club. However, you'll have to fight me for the titles of least mechanical and being really cheap. On top of that, you can paint!
    That's another thing I cannot do. This club is a great source of guys with knowledge and a willingness to help. Looking like fairly good weather for the slough run.
    Jerry
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Jerry,

Your bow eye replacement story did make me feel good, I must say. Not that I could have done any better or quicker. Its just nice to know I may not be the only mechanically-challenged one out there.
      ~Mike
      1964 17ft Uniflite / 1976 Evinrude 70HP

Comment

Great to see you on the forum Mike. Your description fits most everybody I've met in the club, in one way or another. I don't think any of our boats are truly ever finished, there's always something that needs to be done. As long as it floats, looks good from ten feet away, your good to go.

See you Saturday at the north end of the lake. I'll be there in my Red Glasspar Seafair. Sure hope the weather is better than today.
        Steve Kiesel
        1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Mike,
          Until a few weeks ago I lived in Lake Forest Park and launched at Kenmore most of the time. Hope to see you Saturday.

Tim

Comment

Working...
          X