Shell Lake Project (pics)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shell Lake Project (pics)

I don't know if anyone's interested, but here's a look at what I've been doing with my 1956 Shell Lake runabout...

With Marty's help last fall we replaced the floor. Here's a link to a web album:
    http://picasaweb.google.com/zdrathma...eat=directlink

After I finished building my wife's sun room (much longer than expected) I've gotten some time with the boat again. Now it's on to new seating, transom extension and paint.

Here are some pics as I'm moving along. There's also some pics on how to flip a boat when there's no one around to help.

http://picasaweb.google.com/zdrathma...eat=directlink

I'll add some as I go along. And if I get time I'll add some captions and explanations.

-Zachary

Of course we are interested Zachary. Always nice to see someone making progress on their project. Nice job flipping it over, see, I learned something. Looks like it's starting to come together. Have fun with it. Looking forward to the updates.
    Steve Kiesel
    1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Nice Job !

Nice work , very clean it's going to be a great boat - keep the pictures coming.
      Great detail on the pictures.
      Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

Zachary , You have been doing some very nice work on her. Will she be ready this coming summer and will it still be for your son. Chuck
        1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
        1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

We are moving as fast as we can with the boat. I have the "slats" for the benches finished. Next step is the "slats" for the seat backs. At the same time I have been working on the transom extension for the longshaft outboard.

Leif (#1 son) is on spring break after next week so I'm hoping the weather will allow us to paint. We have plans for inside and outside.

So with any luck she'll be ready for opening day!

Comment

Working...
          X