Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show of hands for the Snohomish River Run.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show of hands for the Snohomish River Run.

Should be fine warm weather to be on the River and Sloughs, the forecast is 61 degrees and sun. If you,re still interested, let me know. If there is a large turn out, the launch location will be changed to a larger ramp at 10th street in Everett.

The delta area is large, total distance traveled could be close to 30 to 40 miles. The start time to pull away from the dock will be noon.
    1956 Enduracraft Monterey
    1976 Cal 2-27 Sailboat
    1986 Mariner XL Seakayak

We are in....

Cheryl and I will be there. Looking forward to it!
    Gordon and Cheryl Davies

Comment

Lowell, Will be there.How far up the river are we going ? Chuck
      1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
      1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Originally posted by chuckcarey, post: 9994
        Lowell, Will be there , but what launch location ? ? and how far up the river will we be going ? Chuck
        Just until your boat is really really dirty Chuck.

Comment

Us! Us!

Cindy and I will be there!

Comment

Chuck

You asked how far up the River do I plan on going? The farthest up would be Snohomish which would be about 4 miles upriver past the launch. It quits being tidal about French Slough so if you really wanted you might make it to the 522 bridge. Your boat could be scraping a few gravel bars.

I think it is more interesting down river and sloughs so I would like to focus most of the time in the delta area. There will be two sloughs and the main river we will be exploring. Near the end of the trip we can bomb up river near max speed and visit Snohomish. I'm open to what the group wants to do.
            1976 Cal 2-27 Sailboat
            1986 Mariner XL Seakayak

Comment

Lowell,
              Was to water test the Seafair today but my wife grabbed my truck....hope to float it once before towing up north for Sat.
              I got fuel,tabs and flotation,just need to make sure all is well,but do plan on making the trip.
              Hopefully no flat tires,underwater excursions or up the Bank adventures this time.Almost like a James Bond movie this year......or make that a Beer commercial.....
              TimM
              unk.year 10` Mahogeny "DragonFly"racer
              15` SAFE boat w/120 hp Johnson
              SeaRay 175BR
              Hi-Laker lapline
              14` Trailorboat

Comment

Tim,
                If your boat doesn't steer straight or wants to drink lots of water there is space for you on another craft. Show up you can ride with me if you wish. Lowell
                1976 Cal 2-27 Sailboat
                1986 Mariner XL Seakayak

Comment

Lowell, I have been looking forward to this event for some time. Unfortunately we will be attending a memorial for a friend that recently passed, on Saturday. Have a great (and safe) cruise. - Ross
                  Ross Henson

Comment

Originally posted by Tim_Mattson, post: 10010
                    Lowell,
                    Hopefully no flat tires,underwater excursions or up the Bank adventures this time.Almost like a James Bond movie this year......or make that a Beer commercial.....
                    TimM
                    More like the boating version of a Country song!!

We are headed off for Tri-Cities today for another race. Have a great trip on the river everyone!
                    BRIAN FRANCHINI
                    LAKE TAPPS, WA.

Comment

Same old story...

Hey guys: Despite extraordinary efforts, and since customers projects come first, I am not ready (with either "almost" runner) to Captain. However, at this point in the season, my Bosun skills are in top form and available if needed.

The shakedown cruise will now be the first event for the "slough runner" Stiletto, and Opening Day will be the debut of our GlastronJet "spaceship".

Comment

Originally posted by slo-mo, post: 10034
                        Hey guys: Despite extraordinary efforts, and since customers projects come first, I am not ready (with either "almost" runner) to Captain. However, at this point in the season, my Bosun skills are in top form and available if needed.

The shakedown cruise will now be the first event for the "slough runner" Stiletto, and Opening Day will be the debut of our GlastronJet "spaceship".
                        Greg, you're welcome to ride with me, looks like my first mate is gonna bail out on me. And yes, we should be able to get through the day without a tow ...

Comment

Homelite replay

Tim, if your first mate jumps ship I'm in! A purrrrring 4-stroke makes for a nice day on the river.

Comment

Ross

I'm sorry to hear about your friend passing away. I don't know if it will make you feel better but I plan on leading this trip next year too. I hope you can come then. Lowell
                            1976 Cal 2-27 Sailboat
                            1986 Mariner XL Seakayak

Comment

Originally posted by slo-mo, post: 10043
                              Tim, if your first mate jumps ship I'm in! A purrrrring 4-stroke makes for a nice day on the river.
                              Great! You're on board!

Comment

Working...
                              X