Snohomish River Run Recap

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snohomish River Run Recap

Thanks to Lowell for doing a great job planning and leading this cruise!

We had great weather, great company and a great time. We passed a boater in a nice Thompson who had a line wrapped around his prop and was in the reeds. Lowell towed him out into open water, where Lowell and Greg helped him get his kicker going and soon he was on his way home.

I've posted some photos in the events gallery, here's a couple of teasers. The first is a project just waiting for someone, just needs some sanding and paint. Marty?
    The second is Chuck's new G3 windshield!
    Attached Files

A great day on the water

First, a thanks to Lowell for spearheading our "three hour tour". Weather was warm and dry and the water was smooth and wet! A friend of mine from work also brought out his beautiful drag boat. He made a few passes but did not want to go boondocking thru the sloughs with it! All the boats ran well. Cruised the sloughs all the way to Marysville, and then back to the Lowell launch. Cheryl and I loitered on the river around the launch while the other 4 boats cruised to Snohomish and back. We were a bit light on fuel load by that time and didn't want to chance running out! A super way to spend a nice spring day!
    Attached Files
    Gordon and Cheryl Davies

Comment

Hey Guys and Gals,
      Looks like you guys had a nice peaceful Day of Boating.
      Also looks like Chuck Bauer found a new powerplant for his next Glasspar......How to fit a Big-Block into a Glassic?
      TimM
      unk.year 10` Mahogeny "DragonFly"racer
      15` SAFE boat w/120 hp Johnson
      SeaRay 175BR
      Hi-Laker lapline
      14` Trailorboat

Comment

Yeah Tim!!! A Vintage 427 Dual Quad unmuffled Beast! If not for the loud rumbling and shaking that would be the dead give away that something was different, i bet I could hide one in the Sabre...
        ChuckB
        "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." K. Grahame "The Wind in the Willows"

Comment

Thanks to Lowell for planning a fantastic event. The timing of the tide for launch and cruising was right on and he even had a chart of the Everett and Snowhomish River Estuary for everyone in case we got lost.Well thought out. I,me surprizes he did'nt have a catered lunch ready to go when we arrived at Marysville. I am sorry I did'nt take any pictures. Forgot the camera.
          Greg James

Comment

Lowell, Thanks again for the great day out there. Best,Chuck
            1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
            1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Great pictures you guys. I'll try not to forget my camera next time.
              Greg James

Comment

Caught on tape...

Another awesome NW Classic Boat Club event. Lowell did a great job planning and leading the way through the Snohomish River basin. I have wanted to cruise these very interesting areas for most of my adult life. Thanks to Tim McCrain I didn't even have to bring a boat......again

While my cameraman skills need some polish and am having problems with live sound, those that are curious will have a chance to premier the "director's cut" of the event within a hour. Please see the "Main Forum"

Thanks everyone for a great time.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0SJV_bgFkI&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- NWCBC Snohomish River Run 2010[/ame]

Comment

Thank you, it was fun

Gina and I had a good time. I can't think of a better way to spend a warm spring day then with friends, boats and a place to go. I think my favorite parts were the old boats tied up up to the floating log marinas and the spruce forests.

Greg Lamb--nice video, I like the B&W and the old historical photos it adds to the feel of the event.
                  1956 Enduracraft Monterey
                  1976 Cal 2-27 Sailboat
                  1986 Mariner XL Seakayak

Comment

Working...
                  X