sliding window channel wanted

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sliding window channel wanted

Looking to replace the old slider window channel in the 25' Express. Where can I get this channel material?

thanks
    Robert Augur

Originally posted by skagit 25, post: 10311
    Looking to replace the old slider window channel in the 25' Express. Where can I get this channel material?

thanks

Good question and I am listening...

About the only thing that I can come up with is what they use for a slider on cabinets, like glass case??

To find something that is treated or coated, not sure.
    I think we found something close to that at Fisheries Supply at one time??
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

The Fisheries Supply has the White plastic channel by Beckson in single and double track or the polished SS Channel with fuzzy felt for a bunch more.
      I bet JC Whitney (if still around....) offers it for autos,much cheaper and maybe the same thing.
      RV suppliers would be a reasonably priced alternative to the Marine store.....the boat won`t know the difference.
      TM
      unk.year 10` Mahogeny "DragonFly"racer
      15` SAFE boat w/120 hp Johnson
      SeaRay 175BR
      Hi-Laker lapline
      14` Trailorboat

Comment

It is also in the West Marine catalogue, and one of the resonably priced items. I used it on the sabrecraft, comes in I think 4' lenghts. Easy to install and holds the windows without the felt.
        ChuckB
        "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." K. Grahame "The Wind in the Willows"

Comment

Bob, check this site out. I used this channel to replace BellBoyJohn's cabin window channel in his BellBoy 404 Express. It is inflexible channel but I was able to cut wedges out of the inside edge to effect the curve of the window. It worked PERFECTLY!

http://www.beckson.com/channel.html

Best,

Bob

Comment

Stainless window channel

Got my computer back up and running with a scabbed-in power supply. At least it's working....

I have some double sliding window channel left from the Saratogan project. It's 316 stainless. I'll check to see how many lengths I have left. It's either 8 ot 10 feet long. I have at least two and maybe more....

I have 5 eight foot lengths......

Let me know if interested?

McSkagit
            Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Originally posted by McSkagit Tim Jones, post: 10354
              Got my computer back up and running with a scabbed-in power supply. At least it's working....

I have some double sliding window channel left from the Saratogan project. It's 316 stainless. I'll check to see how many lengths I have left. It's either 8 ot 10 feet long. I have at least two and maybe more....

I have 5 eight foot lengths......

Let me know if interested?

McSkagit
              Tim, Email me with what kind of computer you have as if its a clone, I have an extra 350 or 400 watt power supply, used of course but working.:BigHappy1:
              Helmar Joe Johanesen
              1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
              1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
              Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
              2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
              http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Computer Melt-down

Hey Joe,
                It's a Shuttle X. My son built it from a kit I think when he was in college. Think it's a gamer's computer with a jumped-up video card and some other hi-tech stuff like a radiator cooled processor. It has six cooling fans! I didn't do my maintenance and dust built up on the video card heat sink. Overheated, shorted out and wiped out the power supply to boot.

Due to the high cost and small size of the proprietary power supply I bought a generic power supply and hooked it up with an umbilical cord. Not pretty but it works. New video card and I'm up and running. Got to remember to do a backup!

I'm good at the moment. Thanks for the offer!

Tim

Comment

Thanks for the offer Tim. I haven't commited to new slider channels yet. Will take a good look at what is there and decide.
                  Robert Augur

Comment

Window channel picture

Here is a picture of the channel. It's about an inch wide and 3/8" high. 316 stainless with felt and plastic runners. I'll make you a good deal on it.....

Tim
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X