Bridge Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bridge Day

Today, Saturday the 17th the bridge went back on the Saratogan. It's been off the boat since 2003. Over the last few days I built a strongback to lift the 8 foot long 6.5" deep bridge. This required lifting the bridge 12 feet in the air to clear the superstructure.

My daughter Zoanna came up from Seattle to help. My friend Mike also show up and the added help was appreciated.

Rain was threatening, and it was raining when we pulled the boat out of the shop. Basicly, pulled the boat out, put the bridge on a chain hoist and hoisted up to the ceiling and then rolled the boat back under the bridge.

All came off without a glitch, except I forgot to remove the fixture that the bridge was attached to. So I willingly cut it up.

The bridge had changed shape quite a bit in its seven years off the boat, so we had to gently coax it back into shape to fit the superstructure. Initially it was off four inches both sides. It was stressful!

Decided to let it rest 24 hours before I bolt it down. Get accoustomed to it's new shape.

Tomorrow if it's not raining I'll pull the boat out again and fire up both engines!

PROGRESS! I'll post more pictures when I get my daughters pics....

Cheers,

McSkagit
    Attached Files
    Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Lookin' good Tim!! Can't wait to see her!

Comment

Nice when a plan comes together...

...Damn that's a big Skagit!, you have incredible perseverance Tim. It is great to see your daughter participating in such a cool project.

Bravo:GoodJob:

Comment

She is getting closer and closer now :cool1:
        Helmar Joe Johanesen
        1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
        1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
        Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
        2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
        http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Working...
        X