Final Roll Call, Opening Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Roll Call, Opening Day

Okay, we're approaching the deadline to sign up for the Saturday, May 1 Opening Day Parade (see details in adjoining string of postings), so it's time for a final roll call.

Please let us know by this coming Thursday, April 22--or sooner, ideally--if you are "Absolutely," "Probably" or "Maybe" going to make the big annual event. Participants for this one must be paid members of NWCBC, for liability-insurance reasons, but you can (of course) join the club between now and then if haven't yet done so and you'd like to participate.

Boats in the parade should reflect the general public's idea of what is "classic looking," regardless of whether they're wood, fiberglass, aluminum, steel or what-have-you. That generally means outboards or inboards built prior to the 1970's, or reproductions of classic designs.

As of today (list updated May 20), the following NWCBC members have indicated they will bring boats to the parade:

Chuck Carey

Brian Flaherty (two boats!)

Gordon and Cheryl Davies

Marty Loken

Joe and Amanda Bistryski

Greg and Holly Lamb

Ron and Suzanne Smith

Tim McCrain

Andy Eoff

Tim Mattson

John Nelson

Zachary (with 20' Skagit)

Richard Amberson

Greg James (if he can shift his Evinrude)

Theme of the parade will be "Out of This World," and we'll supply all participants with white-and-black alien masks. The lead boat in our fleet (Tabu? Where are you?) will display the NWCBC banners and a new alien-themed NWCBC banner we ordered for the event...so it should be a ton of fun.

We need a boat count by the 22nd in order to tell the sponsoring Seattle Yacht Club exactly how many boats are in our group...and by extension how many official boat numbers we'll be given by SYC. While it might be possible to slightly overshoot the mark and receive a few extra sets of ID numbers--to accommodate late arrivals--we really need to know if you're thinking of participating by this coming Thursday, at the latest.

Thanks, fellow aliens!

- Marty
    http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

We are headed out now to test our newly repaired warp drive and if all systems are go we will be there.

Comment

Marty,

Sorry, I won't be able to attend. When I transfered the engine over from the Johnson to the Glasscraft, something went wrong. It ran the first day and can't get it to start again. No time to work in it in between.

Maybe I will have a Homelite by next year.

Have fun!

Karl
      17' Johnson Runabout (1964) Completed
      18' GlassCraft Imperial (1959) Done!
      19' Campion Bowrider (1999) Great family ski/tow boat
      25' Skagit (1960) Two of them. What am I thinking?
      14' Axtell Aquacraft (1950ish)
      14' Stilleto

Comment

gonna test the fiberform tommorrow but as of now we are a definite.

unknown year 10ft hydro
        1984 bayliner capri 1975 merc 115

Comment

We are definitely in with the Chris Craft (just got the motor back in last night and my profectionist father has decided we need to rewire the whole thing, so another weekend for that but she runs and will be ready by May 1st) We would also like to register the Havoc as boat number 2... We have a lot of friends who are finally getting the time off work to come participate in this awesome event.

On a related note, we would like to know if we can dress all our passengers as aliens but decline in wearing the alien masks? I know we want unity but 95% of my passengers have stated that they really don't want to have to wear a mask, and I as a captain who nearly hit a fellow boater last year, really don't want the obstructed vision behind the wheel. We have suggested several non-mask costume ideas and have based our groups costumes around the "Alien" hat idea. We have found some that are more expensive but don't look like "bugs"...

Thanks!!!
          Attached Files
          Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
          1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

It's a "Probably" for the Skagit 20

I haven't run the Skagit since layup. I was puting most of the effort into the Shell Lake but I don't think the paint will be ready by 5/1. So we'll get the Offshore 20 in the water and see if it's still ready for action. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks -Zachary & Sons

Comment

Final, Final Deadline (!)

It's Tuesday morning, and we really need to know who else might attend the Opening Day Parade (with a boat) by tomorrow night, Wednesday the 21st, so we can confirm our final boat count with the SYC parade director by the Thursday deadline.

Glad you can make it, Zachary; sorry you may not have a running engine, Karl.

Yes, Brian, you and your crew can go without the masks....although it would be good if some crewmembers wore them since they don't have to drive, if only when we pass the judges' stand.

Thanks to everyone who's already signed up. I'm wondering about some other members, such as:

Brian Franchini?

Lowell Lorenz?

Steve Kiesel?

Mike and Judy Kronick?

Jim Brooks?

Steve Tweit?

Ross Henson?

John Nelson?

Ken Cook?

Greg James and Susie Starrfield?

Richard Amberson?

Steve and Diane Franchini?

Steve Fisher?

Jay and Tara Giese?

Kent and Diane Hodges?

Others...?

Thanks again,

- Marty

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Calling Tabu--Jay and Tara...(?)

...Just wondering if you folks are going to be in the parade with Tabu?

(Need to know if you'll be there to host the NWCBC club banners, or if we need a Plan B...)

Thanks,

Marty

Comment

Originally posted by Marty Loken (Norseboater), post: 10569
                  ...Just wondering if you folks are going to be in the parade with Tabu?

(Need to know if you'll be there to host the NWCBC club banners, or if we need a Plan B...)

Thanks,

Marty
                  If a plan B is needed, we will have enough people on board to hold the banner, although both my boats are pretty low profile so we wouldn't have the height advantage that Tabu has.
                  Brian Flaherty

Comment

Marty, I am having a miner problem with my engine not going into reverse or for ward. It seems to go out of adjustment on it's own but after I readjust it seems o.k. for the day until the next time I go out. I think I have it figured out and if it seems to want to cooperate on Sat. a.m. when I launch I will be there.
                    Greg James

Comment

Hi Marty,

I'll be there weather permitting. Sure hope other genuine woodies show up.

Richard Amberson

Comment

Greg, All you need to do is adjust the febelflexer shifting rod. Worked everytime for me on the Rosario. Chuck
                        1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
                        1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Richard....

We're now up to 15 registered boats, which is great, but hopefully more of you will decide to participate between now and tomorrow night's deadline.

And, Richard, there will be at least three wooden boats in our fleet--your Thompson, my lapstrake Reinell and Andy Eoff's Glen-L cruiser.

- Marty

Comment

Originally posted by Marty Loken (Norseboater), post: 10578
                            We're now up to 15 registered boats, which is great, but hopefully more of you will decide to participate between now and tomorrow night's deadline.

- Marty
                            Marty does it cost anything extra to register additional boats? If not or only a little it would likely be worth it to say we're gonna have a few more than we actually have accounted for now. I know the ACBS group generally get 5-10 extra sets of numbers cause there are always people who come but don't tell anyone ahead of time that they will be there. I am sure there are folks in our organization that are feverishly working on their boats and just can't find the time to get on the computer and communicate that they are trying to be there...

We have our entire crew working on costumes now and everyone is getting really excited!!!
                            Brian Flaherty

Comment

took the fiberform out yesterday she ran out real well i was inpressed at how well that 60hp pushed her up the river can't wait for the parade.and of course i was so excited to get her out i forgot the camera!!!!!

unknown year 10ft hydro
                              1984 bayliner capri 1975 merc 115

Comment

Working...
                              X