bell boy down under

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bell boy down under

hi mark here,just got myself an 265 bell boy hard top,with a lark iii on the back of her,shes suited to have two on her ,im having trouble finding out what she really is , is there any id plates on the motor or on the boat,that i can trouly find out the make of her, i think she is australian, thanks. mark

Bell Boy 265

Mark -

You knew this was coming....but we'll need to see photos in order to help you identify the boat.

Congrats on the purchase!

- Marty
    http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

hi marty, thanks if you go to new users introduce yourself,ive put pictures up, im pretty sure shes australian i just carnt find one with all the same features
      mark oz

Comment

Hi Mark, I have just picked up my first boat - a 1959 Bell Boy Banshee, woudl love to catch up as I am in Melbourne.
        (Picking up the Banshee next Friday) so pictures to follow
        Matt

Comment

bellboy down under

hey matt cheers for the post mate ,if you like you can call me on 0488756773 to catch up. mark ,portland vic

Comment

Originally posted by 59Banshee, post: 11351
            Hi Mark, I have just picked up my first boat - a 1959 Bell Boy Banshee, woudl love to catch up as I am in Melbourne.
            (Picking up the Banshee next Friday) so pictures to follow
            Matt
            hey matt if you go to new users introduce yourself , and go to my hhp/photo bucked check out my photo,s ; is she anything like yours, catch up,;.,; mark

Comment

Hi Mark, will give you a buzz to catch up soon, I dragged my banshee home on Friday and spent some time getting to know her, some similarities with yours including the forward controls mounted on the glassed in wood near the right knee.
              The Banshees are 15 foot (14 foot 7 inches) and have a much more prominent fin than your 265, but I love them both, your fibreglass roof is fantastic! mine is all open.
              I am so envious of your little Evninrude as well, it screams fifties styling! well done on the boat purchase it looks like it is great shape
              Matt
              Oh and my number is (0431) 444848

Comment

hey matt cheers ,were are you from? do you have a motor on the bansee,what condition is she in,if you need some help with her ive found some use full websites with info on the old girls, gotta be happy wiyh that eh, owning a boat that is over fifty years old.

mine sounds like yours ,its not in the best condition, well the structurell stuff is sound as far as i can tell,it needs a floor in her and i wreckon the hull needs to be strenthened, no idea how to do that , but hey thats why i bought it, and the motor runs better than the other fifty i have, it had been sitting for years apprently,sweeeeeeeeeeet,, lovin it .. lg lifes good, take care ,mark:boater1:

Comment

Hi Mark, will get in touch shortly, structurally Betty ( the Banshee) is great hull seems solid and stringers are OK (I think) deck is soft and rotten (now removed) and the cap needs a lot of work, websites and info are always welcomed as I am missing a lot of the original fittings including windscreen etc, no motor and I don't know what size it woudl have had originally or how big I will need to reasonably power the old girl.
                  All my stuff is Old, I have a fleet of EK Holden's(the small 57 Chev look a like model - all 48 years old) and a matching Carapark Astronaut Caravan (aluminium with "fins") from 1962 of course and thus the boat purchase fits with the "fins" theme and the period of the others perfectly.
                  Will have to get some pictures up soon!
                  M@

Comment

Working...
                  X