The Shell Lake floats!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Shell Lake floats!

Well the little Shell Lake (if that's what it is) got her belly wet today. I slipped the boat in for a trailer test (new roller bunks), ran her wide open for a throttle test and fiddled with the trim.

Having the smaller motor and steering from the front is like night and day. I managed 30mph wot which was pretty close to what we reached with the big 50hp. She planes very easily without any stern squat or bow lift.

She's just a peach!
    Attached Files

Lookin' Good!

I imagine you're beginning to get that "job well done" feeling! Congratulations!! -Ken

Comment

Wow, she really looks great! Nice job!

Comment

A Peach, Indeed...

Zachary -

The boat looks beautiful--congrats on doing a great job!

I'm pretty sure it is a Shell Lake, from the research we did. We couldn't find another boat with the unique combination of little fins, shape/design of the splashwell, and the deck seams.

Are you bringing it to Alder Lake this Saturday?

- Marty
        http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Great job Zachary, that should be plenty of power to tow a couple boys on water skis.
          Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
          Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Comment

Super job Zachary, looks great. So glad to hear the motor worked out so well. Fun boat, love the windshield. Can't wait to see it at one of the meets. Saturday?
            Kent & Diane
            '58 Westerner

Comment

Mission Accomplished

Congratulations, what are you going to do with all of your free time???

Comment

Nice job! Can't wait to see it on the water!
                Mark
                Silverdale, WA.
                1956 BellBoy Express 16

Comment

spit polish...

It was great to meet your family @ Alder Lake, and have a chance to check out your new ride. Excellent job!

Comment

Working...
                  X