New to the group

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the group

I have recently inherited a 1964 Johnson Deluxe 17. I am proud to call her mine, she was my Grandfather's pride and joy and I grew up skiing behind her on Lake Tapps. She has been in storage since 2001 when my Grandparents sold the house on the lake so I will be doing some minor work to get her running this summer. I plan on picking your brains from time to time as things come up as I am new to this...I grew up with a Dad and Grandpa who liked to have old boats follow them home so hopefully I have some of that in me too!
    Cheers!
    Kristy Fry
    Kristy Fry
    1964 Johnson Deluxe 17

Welcome, Kristy...

You're in good company, Kristy--welcome aboard!

The Johnsons are great-handling boats; please photos of your Grandpa's old boat when you have time.

- Marty
    http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Welcome Kristy! Always happy to meet a potential old boat addict. Hope to see you and your pride and joy at an event soon.:boater1:

Comment

Welcome Kristy! Sounds like you're doomed, it's in your genes! Like Marty said, we love photos ...

Comment

Pictures Pending

I have put some pictures up but they are pending approval. I plan on getting her ready to be out on the water in time for the Lake Tapps event...I paid to join NWCBC yesterday so I can come out and join the fun!
          Attached Files
          Kristy Fry
          1964 Johnson Deluxe 17

Comment

Kristy,

Your photos are up, they can be seen here:

http://www.classicboatclub.com/forum...ry.php?cat=809

You can create a personal photo album and post as many images as you want there, folks looking for photos of your boat might have a hard time finding your boat photos in the engine category ...

You can also post photos in your forum posts, which guarantees that they'll be seen when your post is read, just let us know if you have any questions.

Alder Lake is tomorrow, hook that trailer up!

Tim

P.S. I took the liberty of attaching your photos to your post so that everyone could see this cool boat. Love the styling of those things!

Comment

Thanks!

Originally posted by Tim McCrain, post: 11170
              Kristy,

Your photos are up, they can be seen here:

http://www.classicboatclub.com/forum...ry.php?cat=809

You can create a personal photo album and post as many images as you want there, folks looking for photos of your boat might have a hard time finding your boat photos in the engine category ...

You can also post photos in your forum posts, which guarantees that they'll be seen when your post is read, just let us know if you have any questions.

Alder Lake is tomorrow, hook that trailer up!

Tim

P.S. I took the liberty of attaching your photos to your post so that everyone could see this cool boat. Love the styling of those things!

Thanks! I was trying to figure out how to do that...when I went to post them in my CP it told me I had to pick a category and none of them really fit so I picked one in the engine category.
              Kristy Fry
              1964 Johnson Deluxe 17

Comment

That's a very nice looking boat you have there. Welcome aboard!
                Mark
                Silverdale, WA.
                1956 BellBoy Express 16

Comment

Kristy,

To create your own album, click on "Pictures & Albums" in the forum header, then to your left you'll see "My photos - My albums - My favorites", click on "My albums" and then select "Create a new album".

To see what the personal albums look like, select "Personal Galleries Index" in the main gallery screen and browse through. Lots of good images to check out.

Feel free to play around with it, yell if you need any help! Megaphone1

Tim

Comment

Working...
                  X