Alder Lake Photos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alder Lake Photos

Well, we had a little bit of everything, weatherwise...which is pretty much what was expected.

Some showers, lots of clouds and flashes of bright sun during the day, with a pretty good turnout considering the forecast.

Many thanks to Joe and Amanda for organizing another great event. The lake level had risen an amazing 15 feet in the past week (Tacoma City Power manipulating the lake level at the dam, I assume), which fouled up Joe and Amanda's plans for the treasure hunt...since access to at least one of the clue locations had been blocked by officials. That wasn't a problem AT ALL for attendees, who enjoyed hanging out around the park's picnic shelter, eating some great good, sharing old-boat stories and going boating in-between the showers.

Here are some photos of the event and participants, in no particular order. (The group shot didn't include everyone who attended--sorry to those who were out boating when we took the photo.) Also, this is only a portion of the photos I shot--will upload the others tomorrow morning, since I'm having computer problems tonight.

Another wonderful event, with "good boats and great friends," as we're fond of saying in
    NWCBC.

- Marty
    Attached Files
    http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

More Alder Lake Photos

I'm having trouble uploading semi-large (but normal) photos for some reason, so here are some more Alder Lake images...reduced in size so that they hopefully post.

(Tried uploading all of them, but some appear to be 'corrupted' (nothing to do with the subjects), so they just won't post. Apologies to those whose shots didn't upload, including Brian Flaherty, Dennis Huffman, Gordon and Cheryl, Kent and Diane, and maybe others. I hate it when that happens!)

- Marty
    Attached Files
    http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Alder Lake

Glad you had some variety of weather. Portland seemed to vary between wet, wetter, and monson.
      What type of boat is the Zach and sons?
      Bruce H. Drake
      1956 Bell Boy Express 21'
      1957 Norseman 19' woodie
      1961 Glasspar Seafair Phaeton 17'
      1957 Lyman Runabout 13' woodie

Comment

More photos

Here's some more photos.

Thanks to Joe and Amanda for all their work and a GREAT lunch! You guys rock.

It was great to see everyone again, to meet Zachary, Kelly and their kids and to see the awesome job they've done on their Shell Lake runabout.

Happy birthday Amanda!!

Edit: Hmm, we seem to be having problems uploading photos. We'll get it figured out soon ...

Comment

A great Time...

Another fantastic gathering of an awesome group. Attending boatless once again sounds completely lame, before realizing that there is so much going on that boat(ing) is secondary...Thanks to Tim and Gordon for letting me try to fall out of their schooners.

It was great to see everyone and meet a new cadre of boat fiends, Amanda, Joe and their co-pirates are top-shelf people that put on quite a soirée. We plan on using the Deluxe Pirate Telescope that we won, to pillage at every opportunity over the next year-ultimately starting a tradition of passing the "torch" to another lucky pirate at next years Alder Lake Treasure Hunt...irate:

p.s. Happy Birthday Amanda & Happy Anniversary Gordon and Cheryl-hope you kept your powder dry!

Here is the unofficial movie trailer for the Alder Lake Treasure Hunt that was made a few weeks ago, I didn't take any video, but feek free to steal and re-edit if any of you have some footage...if nothing else you can run the music in the background while viewing the posted photos.anger:anger::TakePicture1:

Moderators we need to turn on external embedding again so the preview appears here...

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgoNqTuTlfU"]YouTube- NWCBC Alder Lake Treasure Hunt 2010[/nomedia]

Comment

GOOD BOATS...GREAT FRIENDS! That really says it all! The weather didn't dampen our spirits, as we cruised a beautiful lake amid partial sun and raindrops. Our thanks to Amanda and Joe for a fun day and great food. Joe's fry bread tacos warmed us up enough to sing Happy Birthday to Amanda. Here are a few shared photos. Enjoy!irate:

P.S....My photos won't load either! Later I hope!
            Kent & Diane
            '58 Westerner

Comment

It seems a recent upgrade may have caused problems with our photo and video features. Don't worry, we'll get it figured out and get er back up as soon as possible. Hang in there everyone!

Mark
              Silverdale, WA.
              1956 BellBoy Express 16

Comment

Amanda ,Happy Brithday again. Sorry we could not be at the lake yesterday as i was under the weather with a temp of 100+ to start with. Well today is our 46th that is being marry to each other. Joe, Could you please e-mail me at charlescarey@verizon.net as i have a question. Thanks,Chuck
                1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
                1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

I heard the photo problem was fixed so hear are few pics of the Alder Lake event. My camera card was nearly full so I missed a few good photo ops. Sorrry I missed so many friends in the pictures.
                  Attached Files
                  Kent & Diane
                  '58 Westerner

Comment

Working...
                  X