I need help.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help.

I said I was not going to do this again, but It was even Delivered to me.
    Like most, she needs everything.

The problem was or is, the project is too overwhelming. I think I "might" put the stringers, transom, floor and foam and offer it back.
    That way, all the icky work is done.

Just could not let this go to the crusher so I caved in.

See, I turned this around in my head.

NMB was supposed to stand for No More Boats.
    Me, I had it as, Need More Boats. :nono1:
    Attached Files
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Well at least you are familiar with the process.
    Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
    Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Comment

Originally posted by Sammamish1, post: 11224
      Well at least you are familiar with the process.
      Pretty much. Yours has the half round glass stringers that just needed beefed up (which was also done) were this one has the three quarter wood stringers glassed in.
      At least all of it is complete. Hardest part of these is using the draw knife to make sure the stringers fit flush with the contour of the hull.

Rackum and Stackum as if they keep finding there way to the crusher, pretty soon, nothing to choose from....

One thing I need to get out of my head is the fact that I like working on them more than using them, Whats up with that Screwy1

(I am also testing the picture uploading to see if we are back to being able to do so)
      Attached Files
      Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

This sounds familiar!

I know this well! So many things I drug home that needed work, fix it up and make a buck on while my keepers end up sitting unused or unrestored. I spent some time at a swapmeet yesterday trying to blow some of this stuff out, came home with 80% of it and now I'm making a pile for the scrapper. Know your limitations! I've overwhelmed myself and don't seem to get to enjoy using my stuff as much as I should, this is slowly changing. You know how long my boat sat unused with those flat tires you were always bugging me about. It took the purchase of the first Bearcat for the motivation to get it back on the water. I didn't realize how much I had missed it until it was on the water again after 16yrs. Just don't dug yourself to large of a hole!!!! I did!!!
        Dick Johnson
        1989 16ft Sylvan (Bought it New)
        '57 Evinrude 18hp
        '61 Johnson 5.5hp LS
        '72 Johnson 6hp
        '61 Homelite 55 Shortshaft
        '65 Homelite 55
        '68 Bearcat 55 (3)
        '70 Bearcat 55 (1)

Comment

Good save Joe! That will make a nice project for someone... that is if you don't keep it. :cool1:
          Mark
          Silverdale, WA.
          1956 BellBoy Express 16

Comment

Originally posted by Helmar, post: 11223
            I said I was not going to do this again, but It was even Delivered to me.
            Like most, she needs everything.

The problem was or is, the project is too overwhelming. I think I "might" put the stringers, transom, floor and foam and offer it back.
            That way, all the icky work is done.

Just could not let this go to the crusher so I caved in.

See, I turned this around in my head.

NMB was supposed to stand for No More Boats.
            Me, I had it as, Need More Boats. :nono1:
            So what do you need help with? Towing another one home?

Comment

Joe:
              Saturday Mornings, unless there is an event, Chuck Carey's Garage, 9:00 AM, the NMB Society and Enablers group meets...
              "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." K. Grahame "The Wind in the Willows"

Comment

NMB Enablers

Chuck -

So, I assume you represent the No More Boats contingent during your two-parson meetings....and Chuck C. is the Grand Enabler.

Not fair, if that's the case, since the Enabler will always win in direct, hand-to-checkbook competition.

You'll need more NMB recruits if you hope to offset the power of Chuck the Enabler....and good luck finding strong NMB teammates in this crowd...unless they can be tricked into thinking its a gathering of the Need More Boats club.

- Marty (Grand Wizard Enabler)
                http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

waterboarding?

Sorry to hear that you have relapsed JoeScrewy1. I personally had great hope that you could continue the "simplifying" process to serve as a role model for those of us with more room than sense:Shocked:.

My wife has formed a new coalition to help with extreme cases...NMFB

3 easy payments of $29.95 Click here to join
                  Attached Files

Comment

Greg, where are the rest of them? C'mon, you can tell us ...

Comment

Hey- if they are currently under active resto. they don't count toward your allotment...according to section 3c(1) of the 2010-11 International Boat Hoarding Anonymous-Code of Ethics...so there

Comment

I'll by that.
                        Good plan
                        Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Originally posted by slo-mo, post: 11248
                          Hey- if they are currently under active resto. they don't count toward your allotment...according to section 3c(1) of the 2010-11 International Boat Hoarding Anonymous-Code of Ethics...so there
                          So if I am actively working on the restoration of my Chris Craft but it also usable, does that mean I am using a boat that doesn't exist???

I feel as though I may have just caused a rip in the space time continuum... :shocked3:
                          StirPot
                          Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
                          1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

My answer....then hers.

I have another tact on this ,sell the hulls to others ,then get hired to wrench on them......It`s "Not My Boat" honey!VeryBigSmile
                            Her answer, "Well,it`s in MY(Edit) parking Space!"Megaphone1
                            Only a Park N Hide can save me now!
                            TimM
                            unk.year 10` Mahogeny "DragonFly"racer
                            15` SAFE boat w/120 hp Johnson
                            SeaRay 175BR
                            Hi-Laker lapline
                            14` Trailorboat

Comment

bucking the system...

So if I am actively working on the restoration of my Chris Craft but it also usable, does that mean I am using a boat that doesn't exist???
                              I feel as though I may have just caused a rip in the space time continuum... :shocked3:

After an emergency meeting, it was determined that Addendum XVII: subsection 3(i) deals with this very rare situation of a classic boat actually being used for it's intended, off-trailer purpose. If the vessel was licensed in the last 8 years, it can be claimed during a "discussion" that you have been busy with other activities, thus mimicking the theoretical scenario that Brian has put forth.

In clarification the IBHA states that: a classic boat "actually" being used and restored at the same time is an anomaly, and therefore does not exist...

Comment

Working...
                              X