Upolstry and top materials

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upolstry and top materials

FYI, I just discovered a great store in Oly, a fabric qand foam store. I had not yet checked out the place since it looks kinda like a seedy surplus place, but it is NOT. They have types of foam I had not even imagined, e.g 7/8" closed cell on rolls, etc., marine carpet, marine canvas of all types even cotton, more vinyl than I could have imagined: marine, auto in specific vehicle matches!, and the one I'm looking at for my top, a backed vinyl made for auto tonneau covers, very heavy and 78" wide @ $15/yd!!!, i.e. a one piece top!
    Anyone who comes near the sout sound should check the place out. Its on Martin Way across from O'Blarney's.

Good Tip, Dan...

Hey, Dan...if you're shopping for top fabric for your Bell Boy, it sounds like you might be tantalizingly close to launching the boat...?? Hope the project is continuing toward completion.

If you can come up with the name of the particular shop, and maybe the address, that would be great. I'd like to drop by the next time I'm in Olympia.

- Marty
    http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Upholstery and Foam

Hey Dan, Good to here from you!!!.
      Have you been working on the Bell Boy?
      Got any update pictures?

The upholstery shop sounds good to me as we go down that way more than we go to Seattle. I have a daughter that lives in Lacey so its another good reason to find it and check it out.
      Helmar Joe Johanesen
      1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
      1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
      Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
      2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
      http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Bell, post: 1070
        FYI, I just discovered a great store in Oly, a fabric qand foam store. I had not yet checked out the place since it looks kinda like a seedy surplus place, but it is NOT. They have types of foam I had not even imagined, e.g 7/8" closed cell on rolls, etc., marine carpet, marine canvas of all types even cotton, more vinyl than I could have imagined: marine, auto in specific vehicle matches!, and the one I'm looking at for my top, a backed vinyl made for auto tonneau covers, very heavy and 78" wide @ $15/yd!!!, i.e. a one piece top!
        Anyone who comes near the sout sound should check the place out. Its on Martin Way across from O'Blarney's.
        Welp, I think I found the place by using Google maps, entered O'Blarney's in Olympia and then searched "nearby" and entering "foam"

Foam & Fabric Outlets?
        3444 Martin Way E
        Olympia, WA?
        (360) 456-5000?

Comment

That's the place, well worth a checkout if you're in the area.

Comment

Working...
          X