Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pictures of the San Juan trip, June 2010.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures of the San Juan trip, June 2010.

Met up with John Nelson at Washington Park, he started the trip in Hood Canal by boat that mornig, crossed the Strait in his Skagit. We traveled together all the way north to Patos Island, stopping at Clark Island for lunch and a short walk on Sucia Island.

That evening John went to Friday Harbor where he was going to rest before his long journey back to Hood Canal the next morning. And I spent the night at Sucia tied to a parks bouy, and a evening walk on Matia Island.

Here are some pictures of John around the Sucia Island area, the light house is on Patos Island.
    Attached Files
    1956 Enduracraft Monterey
    1976 Cal 2-27 Sailboat
    1986 Mariner XL Seakayak

SAn Juan Islands

Looks like you had a great cruise. The weather in Friday Harbor was great Saturday.

Wondered what became of the Tyee. Great to see it oun on the water!

McSkagit
    Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Looks like a nice time! Sure hope I can make the next one.

Comment

couldn't make it for various reasons...

Beautiful day guys, very envious. We are building a Skagit with just these type of trips in mind. How did you like your new horsepower Lowell?

Comment

Looks like another missed event that was picture perfect.
          Got my truck and hull squared away late Sat as the Sun and Blu sky faded into grey once again.
          Water looked like a lake in the pics.
          Way to stick to a plan Lowell ,even when only one other person shows up ,you still went ahead and showed the rest of us how it`s done.
          TM
          unk.year 10` Mahogeny "DragonFly"racer
          15` SAFE boat w/120 hp Johnson
          SeaRay 175BR
          Hi-Laker lapline
          14` Trailorboat

Comment

Thanks for sharing the trip. That's some perfect timing to get a day like that. :cool1:
            '59 Clippercraft, 35 hp Evinrude

Comment

Originally posted by slo-mo, post: 11486
              Beautiful day guys, very envious. We are building a Skagit with just these type of trips in mind. How did you like your new horsepower Lowell?
              Greg,
              I really like the features of that 60 hp Mercury electric start and I can trim the motor all with switches. The speed went from 20 to 30 knots any faster and I should just watch a video of the area because I would miss it all in a blur. Whats left to do on the Skagit to make it complete? Lowell
              1956 Enduracraft Monterey
              1976 Cal 2-27 Sailboat
              1986 Mariner XL Seakayak

Comment

Originally posted by Lowell, post: 11506
                Greg,
                I really like the features of that 60 hp Mercury electric start and I can trim the motor all with switches. The speed went from 20 to 30 knots any faster and I should just watch a video of the area because I would miss it all in a blur. Whats left to do on the Skagit to make it complete?
                Lowell
                That is awesome Lowell, always nice to have a few extra ponies available when needed. The chopped Skagit has a way to go, but should go quickly if I can keep my instinct to customize everything-in check. I got so carried away with the Glastron that was supposed to be done long ago, that this 17' Express should be a cinch in comparison. CutUp1

PS- Hope you are enjoying your new hangout.

Comment

More San Juan Photos.

These were the photos that I scanned in for John Nelson on the San Juan event.
                  Sorry we missed it, Again !!!
                  Attached Files
                  Helmar Joe Johanesen
                  1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
                  1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
                  Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
                  2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
                  http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Next year for sure! This is all in my back yard and I haven't been to any of those places (well, except Clark and Matia) in years.
                    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Working...
                    X