It's Official !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Official !

Ok, It looks like the 1957 17' Skagit will be the next and last boat i will restore or rebuilt. I was thinking about a Dorsett San Juan down in California , but i caught myself starting to think about some of the idea's that i had incorporated into the Farallon to be put into the San Juan and after considering the cost to go get it ,i might as well do the Skagit i have here already! I am trying to keep the bucks WAY down on this one. This past friday i picked up a "pre-own" 1999 King trailer ( thanks Bruce ) that i will put new bearings,tires,winch strap ,LED lights and decals and that will save me about $1200.00 over a new one. I have a nice new rubrail coming next weekend as well. Got a hold of Tom Adams ( Dr Frankenmerc) and order a 85 hp Merc with trim/tilt and with controls. Next things to do is watch for the sales items thru this coming fall on items like seats,steering,gas tanks,cleats,etc. I would like to have all of the painting done by Aug or Sept and then put it in the garage thru the winter to complete it in time for spring. Oh yea the colors will be Blue,Green,White and maybe a little Red or Brown mixed in as well. One last thing, the Dorsett Farallon will be pick up this coming week to be towed to her new home in Connecticut. Chuck
    Attached Files
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

The fourth times a charm...or is it 5th??

Awesome Chuck, you made the right choice-looking forward to seeing your latest creation.

Comment

Chuck!!!

Before you go spend the big money on new LED lights, call me.. I have the LED pod lights (EZ-Loader type) that I used on my old trailer last year, they are in perfect condition as they were only on the trailer for one summer. When I bought the newer trailer it came with standard lights, so I installed the cheaper ones on the EZ-loader before I sold it... Then I installed some rediculously expensive low-profile LED lights to put on the new trailer... I think I may also have a good 4-flat wiring harness left over as I converted the new trailer to 5-flat with surge brakes...

Call me if your interested... (425)218-triple nine 7

My father would love for me to get some of my extra parts out of his garage.

See photo below of the LED lights on the old EZ-Loader...
      Attached Files
      Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
      1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Windows for you

Chuck, Just wanted to let you know the offer of new window frames is for you to. I figured you were going with the same setup you went with on your other boats but if you want them there here. Im waiting for my Buddy still for the tour. I don't think he will flake out. Hes been reliable. Ill give him a call. John

Comment

John, Thanks for the offer, however i think i will go with the rubber laid one's. see poicture. After doing the Farallon one's with the frames, i told myself i would never do that again. 57's just had rubber seal. Thanks anyway, Best Chuck
          Attached Files
          1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
          1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Working...
          X