July 31 Event

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 31 Event

The 7/31 event will soon be here! The weather by that time should be much better than it has been this year. The new dock in front of Foss Waterway Seaport is 150’ long and the south end of it has been reserved for us. Plan now to attend and we’ll have a great turn out! More details to follow!

Visit Foss Waterway on the net!
    Attached Files

update 7/31 event

The south sound adventure is fast approaching! Plan now for the 7/31 event! It’s been confirmed that the south end of the fine new dock is reserved for us and remember, the dock is 150 feet long – that’s room enough for the whole club! The usual 6 buck admission to the museum has been discounted 50% especially for us. In addition there will be a drawing for four freebies.

Did you know that some local college kids rowed across the Atlantic in a rowboat? You don’t believe it? Well, the rowboat is on display!

You like outboards? There’s 60 vintage outboards on display including a Fageol 4 stroke. There’s another with a 6 foot shaft and yet another with no motor at all but a hand crank.

We have ordered good weather and dancing girls. More details to follow.
    Attached Files

Comment

Richard,

Sounds like a great event! Looking forward to it!

Tim

Comment

Richard, Is this a only in the water event ? or will there be spaces for small boats on trailers up on the parking lot like in the past ? Sorry with the questions. Best,Chuck
        1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
        1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Originally posted by woodenboatfogey, post: 12164

We have ordered good weather and dancing girls. More details to follow.
          And would that include dancing boys?

Comment

July 31 event in Tacoma

Will some of U get together for Breakfast proit to launching. If so please advise when and where. Ingvar Swede Carlson. 206-434-9482 THANK YOU.
            Ingvar (Swedster) Carlson

Comment

Chuck,

7/31 event intended as a water event, but there should be ample room in the parking lot for your trailer mounted boat. tentative plan is launch at Pt. Defiance appx 10 AM,cruise to Foss Waterway & rendezous there at noon for lunch. More details will follow.

Richard

Comment

July 31 update

July 31 update (see pix)
                Attached Files

Comment

Richard, Being i only have the Glasspar G-3 for more or less small lakes at this time , i feel i will have to wait tell next year when i have my " ocean going " Skagit ready to " rock and roll " for this event. Chuck
                  Attached Files
                  1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
                  1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Won't know if I'll make it until later in the week. The tow rig is becoming a a boat; break out another thousand type deal... but I'll launch at Shilshoal and ride down, it's faster than I5.

Chuck B
                    "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." K. Grahame "The Wind in the Willows"

Comment

Working...
                    X