X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another newbie

Howdy Folks
    Just found your site, looks great!
    We have been running a '65 Tollycraft 17' runabout for the last 20 years, even tow a parasail when conditions are right.
    Live near Monterey bay and have been wanting to get back out on the salt water so I towed home a '84 arrowglass, but found that the floor was soft and thus the "project " began. Got her fit loosely with new marine ply stringers and than found the tansom soft at the bottom 6".
    Stopped the project with the arrowglass and used a ice pic before I towed home a '63 Glasspar sedan. Have since found a faint crack about a third of the way back from the bow at the water line,shucks!
    I am now looking again at the arrowglass as less of a project for now. Love the sedan and look forward to going through her fully.
    Anybody have thoughts about replacing stringers and transoms, both of these boats have I/O's.
    With the Glasspar I'm hoping to start with another hull before I get into the cabin and all.
    Searching for some help I found a fellow [Alex] who says a sedan he had ended up with you folks, any thing happening with that one? It looked better set up than mine.
    Love the old boats, also sail a '62 14' Lido and have another "project" '58 Chris Craft Cavalier.
    Boating is in my genes, my Dad is a national champion racing El Toro's, Grandpa moved a house across frozen Cedar lake in Wisconsin, kinda upset the icefishermen when he went by and water gushed out of their bore holes
    My cousin is Jeff Stobbe, he has been up in your neck of the woods with wooden boats that he builds, he's crusing mid-west waterways this summer.
    I own and operate a heating and air shop, love to fix stuff and love to float.
    Well I hope to get aquainted with some of you folks. Paul

Welcome Paul. You don't sound like a newbie to me. Oh, you mean new to our club! Well, we got guys here who know about everything there is to know about the old boats. Sounds like your grandpa was an ice road trucker back in the days when about all anyone hauled across the ice was their fishing shed.
    Jerry
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Paul, Check this site out as well. Kind of our sister site.Nice people just like us. lol ! Where do you live in California. Best Chuck

[ame="http://goldenstateglassics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2"]Main Forum - Golden State Glassics[/ame]
      1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
      1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Home town

Howdy Chuck
        I live near Salinas Cal. Got my heating shop on the Monterey Penn.
        Today I am going to strip off the transom of the 21' arrowglass in an attempt to finnish the floor repair.
        Hoping to cut away the interior glass to expose the 3/4 ply.
        Thanks for the reply Paul

Comment

Working...
        X