Anyone have some boat stands?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have some boat stands?

Or whatever they're called. I want to remove my boat from the trailer so I can fix it up (sandblasted-painted-suspension etc)

Anyone have some stands that they want to sell or maybe rent?
    Attached Files

My backyard impersination of boatstands! It worked!! did what i had to do.

[ATTACH]611.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]612.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]613.vB[/ATTACH]
    Attached Files
    John & Diane Kelly

Comment

after hillbilly boat stands - [ATTACH]614.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]615.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]616.vB[/ATTACH]
      Attached Files
      John & Diane Kelly

Comment

(said in my best Kingfish voice) "Holy mackerel dare Andy!" You're a braver man than me Gunga Din LOL!!

Comment

Braver nahhh!! Just after 3 years of restoring and spending a weekend with my boys watching Larry the Cable guy I got -r- done. My motto on the whole restoration has been "I ain't scard" mainly cause i have never restored a boat i have only worked on them.

My good buddy Jeff Ault ( Smokey & the Bandit ) just takes a deep breath when he see's my professional Yacht building tactics.

Good news is the Marvelous goes into the shop for a new Bimini top Friday and i hope they are less Hillbilly then me. No matter what i am launching this year!!!!
          John & Diane Kelly

Comment

That's kinda like "Hold my beer and watch this..." Did a quick IMDB search and can't find Jeff listed for any of the Smokey movies...wouldn't be the first time they messed up...took me forever to get my credits listed, no joke.

Comment

I went out behind Home Depot and picked up all the stickers, (scrap lumber, 2x4's, 2x3's with a notch for a strap to go into around a load of plywood) and cut them up, screwed them together to make a cribbing out of them.
              Those seem to hold up pretty well, one under the keel and two on the rear.

If all else fails, maybe you can be creative but Safe
              Helmar Joe Johanesen
              1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
              1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
              Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
              2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
              http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

How do you get the trailer out from under, a sky hook?

Comment

The year we displayed boats at the Tacoma Dome was a real eye opener to see how the dealers get the boats in and off the trailers. I watched them unload a 30 ft boat in about 2 minutes. In one corner of the T-Dome, they had a parked truck with a big bumper. They would back the trailer up to this truck, hook straps from the parked truck to the transom, unhook the boat from the trailer and then pull out from under it. As the trailer moved forward, there was one guy on each side placing rolling dollys under the boat. Most I watched had roller bunks, but it works just as well for a small boat with standard bunks.

I switch boats on and off trailers at my house all the time. I use my 4 post auto lift. Move it to the up position, move the trailer under and use ratchet straps from the bow eye and transom tie downs up to the lift. Then let the wonder of hydralics do the work. I usually hold my breath until the trailer is back under the boat. Looks really wierd with the boat floating in the garage!
                  BRIAN FRANCHINI
                  LAKE TAPPS, WA.

Comment

Jack Stands

I have a few, but they are all employed at the moment.

See me after launch of the 31 in June. I see Fisheries has stands and so does West Marine. I didn't look closely at the prices, but $60 is pretty close for the short ones.

McSkagit
                    Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Thanks for the offer but I can't wait until then, am sure you can understand!

Comment

Working...
                      X