59 Dorsett?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 59 Dorsett?

I'm Dan Conrad and new to the group. Live in IL. Have had an old Dorsett hanging from a sling in the Fox River for many years. Decided to refurbish it. Not sure what it is but think it is a 59 Belmont Luxury, 15 ft. Pics attached (I hope). Can anyone verify for me or point me in the right direction? Thanks.
    Attached Files

Nice find

That is really a cool looking boat. Did you know what it looked like or just find out when you took it down off the sling
    ? John

Comment

Pretty boat, Dan. And I see that you have the rare Evinrude Invisi-Drive!

So this was hanging on a sling outdoors for years? Sure looks better than you'd expect.

Welcome to the forum,

Tim

Comment

Dan, it does look like the 59 Belmont Luxury. Here's a link to Fiberglassics. See what you think. The boat doesn't look like it needs much, except for the lower end on the moter.

http://www.fiberglassics.com/library/Dorsett
        Steve Kiesel
        1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I think I looked at the Fiberglassics website but will check it again. I did know what it looked like beforehand as it was in the garage of the cottage I bought in 1990. I'm the jerk who left it on the sling for 15 years. I would run it a few times a year but the last few, years I got distracted. Lower unit sat in the ice over winter and was shot. Fortunately, my local marina guy is a stud mechanic and is rebuilding it with some parts he has off other similar engines. Should be back in the water for Labor Day. I had to rebuild the floor (stringers were OK), rebuilt most of the seat frames, recovered all cushions, replaced steering cables and supports, remounted gear shift as it was a left hand assembly on a right hand steer, added drink cup holders (I know not authentic but extremely useful), etc., etc., and a few layers of rubbing compound and wax. Also had to rebuild the trailer with wiring, wheels, lights, hubs and bearings (found those in Washington State) and salvaged one of the original Gator hubcaps that I put on the spare for show. I'll send more pics when finished and motoring. I'll move the new stuff to the photo gallery when ready. Thanks again for everyone's help and comments. Cheers, Dan

Comment

Working...
          X