New Member New Project

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member New Project

I have been following this web page for several months and really appreciate the look of the classic fiberglass runabouts. Having rebuild a few sailboats over time I thought a nice little run about would be a fun project. Then one shows up on Craigs list 4 miles from home. So I became the latest owner of a 1961 Catalina Dorsett. Thanks to this web site I went into it with my eyes open. A more experianced member had seen the boat and noted this web site it was a total project with multiple layers of paint and lots of rot. THe decription was correct. After a month of work I have the rotten floor transom and bulkhead out and have tripled my orginal cost with the purchase of fiberglass and plywood. The paint stripping is ongoing. I am having fun and will post more ont he other threads. But a big thank you to everyone for there posting
    Matt Nolan
    1961 Dorsett Catalina
    Attached Files

dorsett

Been there; done that Our '61 Catalinas are the same color, too. I also foamed mine (Fiberlay) which I think enhanced the ride. Went for a Merc 650...although Chuck has an 85 Merc that would be ideal.....

You will love your boat...they handle very well in our PNW waters.

Cheers

Richard
    Camano Is

61 Catalina, '59 G-3, '57 Penn Yan Swift

Comment

Matt , Welcome to the club ! I and about 4 others live in the Mill Creek-Bothell area. If you might be interested in the motor or not , give me a call sometime. If you want a very nice Mercury look below. Call anytime even on weekend's. Best,Chuck

It's called "Chuck's Winter Lay-A-Way Plan "...

That's right ! Plan ahead for next spring boating season with a super nice motor to start the year off with. Call for information on a monthly payment plan. Debit or Credit Cards accepted.

Thom Adams (Dr Frankenmerc) has checked out this very nice 85 hp Merc 1974-75 850 4 cylinder long shaft with power trim that i had already purchased from him in June. Now that i have a 20' Skagit ( Bainbridge ) with a Merc 115hp 4 stroke motor ,i will not being needing it. The lower unit has been re-sealed, pressure tested, & a new impeller and gear oil installed.The motor has had the carburetors rebuilt, the fuel pump rebuilt, all new fuel hoses. the ignition trigger has been rebuilt with new bearings, a replacement rotor and drive belt, a very good condition used distributor cap. and the rectifier & stator work properly to maintain a charge in the boat battery.The swivel and tilt work very smoothly as well. Ready to go price with controls. Only $1750.00. 425-742-4319 or 1-800-637-9190 or charlescarey@frontier.com

Comment

Working...
      X