Hello from Illinois

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Illinois

Hello from the midwest, I just picked-up a '64 Johnson Deluxe 17 on a whim, you don't see many vintage boats in this area. It needs a full restoration that I am anxious to start but I don't have much experience with boat much less fiberglass. I have completed a full restoration of a '64 Triumph TR4 so I'm not without some skills.

The main water body will be the Rock River, Rockford, IL 90 miles NW of Chicago. The Rock has it's origins in Wisc. and flows to the Mississippi.

Anyway, the Deluxe looks and feels to be in good structural shape only cosmetic glass and gel coat repairs, I bought it w/o an engine but the stern drive is there and intact. I believe it came with a Buick odd-fire 6-cylinder.

Does any know if a newer Buick 6-cyl. will bolt up to the stern drive?

And, know were to find any serial number for the trailer? The trailer is an interesting bit of engineering in itself.

I look forward to NW Clasic Boat Club forum and your help with good advise and encouragement.

Dan

beautiful River

Sold campground memberships in Amboy in the Early 80s. Went to Rockford to see the son ( Joe Perry ) of our secretary perform. That is a beautiful river. Thanks for jogging my memory. I remembered only corn fields till now. John

Comment

Working...
    X