Newbie From Wenatchee

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie From Wenatchee

Thought I would drop in and say hi. I am new to this sight, just found out about it when I ran into a couple of your member in Chelan last weekend. I live in Wenatchee, own and operate a transmission repair business with my brother that our dad started in 1966. Most of my boating is done on Lake Chelan. Right now I have a 1994 Renell 20ft cuddy which I bought new and I'm in the prosses of restoring a 1972 Bayliner 24ft cabin cruiser(classic?). I also restore cars and have a couple of projects almost completed. When they are done my full focus will be on the boat. One of my first boats was a mid 60's 16ft Glasply with a Merc outboard, don't remember the size of the motor, but I do remember it ran one direction for foward, then shut off and started back up the other for reverse. Sold that and bought a fancy little ski boat in 1978 which I sold a few years later when I got married and had kids. Got back into boating when the kids where young with a 14ft Bell Boy with a Scott Attwater outboard on it. That is one af my favorite boats and I kinda wish I had it back. Enough about me, hope to see you on the water!:boater1:

Newbie...

George -

It was great meeting you and your wife at Mom's Motel in Chelan Friday evening, and hearing about your passion for old stuff....with emphasis on cars and boats. You'll have to join us for one of next year's adventures in central or eastern Washington.

- Marty (the one with the blue and white 17' Skagit inboard)
    http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Thanks Marty, The boats where cool, would have liked to look a little closer but we had to meet up with some freinds. Sounds like you had a good trip, September and October are a great time to be on the lake. Not many people and not much wind. I have a trip planned to the head of the lake Oct. 9th, taking some freinds that have not been there before. We will start out at Mill Bay (that is where my boat is). First time stay at Mom's for me, quite quaint! When I get my big boat on the water I want to get over to your side of the hill and learn how to boat on Pudget Sound and around the San Juans. I will keep looking to see where you guys are boating, maybe I will be able to join you sometime, If you are ever over here look me up. George

Comment

Welcome George...

Once you start looking around at some of our classic glass and start to Jones on something, let it be known...
        Lots of people with old glass hanging around, including myself.
        Helmar Joe Johanesen
        1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
        1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
        Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
        2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
        http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Working...
        X