59 Bellboy Courtesy LED lights...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 59 Bellboy Courtesy LED lights...

are gonna be just the ticket. You can just see them barely. I am so close to being finished with Jeff Aults wiring genious it will happen sooner than later.

New top goes on this Weekend in the original white vinyl flavor.

I was just looking for a clean easy interior with left over house Mahogany and this is what i got.

[ATTACH]633.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]634.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]635.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]638.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]639.vB[/ATTACH]
    Attached Files
    John & Diane Kelly

John, She is looking very nice ! Best, Chuck
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

John,

Sure does look purrtty!! I'm sure you can't wait to finish her up. (As if their ever really finished right?)

Comment

Thanks Chuck and Joe. yeah i will be very thankful to be done enough to just go boating!
        John & Diane Kelly

Comment

John
          Looking very nice. Love the hidden courtesy light idea. Barry

Comment

Yeah i thought a little light would be nice. I remember riding with my Dad on his Tugboat and they always had a red light on at night.
            John & Diane Kelly

Comment

Itchin, the Chris Craft Commander owned by Dick Dow and Ron Stevenson has hidden white led's around the rear cockpit area. They put out just enough light to see at night, but not blind you. The look of the brightwork at night with a little light is stunning. We are going to place a few of the tiny little three led strips under the dash of the Tolly Rumpas to get that same look.

John, your boat is turning out fantastic. I am as excited as the rest to see it on the water!
              BRIAN FRANCHINI
              LAKE TAPPS, WA.

Comment

Nicely done, John... I'd say you got your wish for a clean looking interior! Any idea when you will get the Marvelous wet? - Ross
                Ross Henson

Comment

Hey Ross the ole girl will be in the drink within 30 days is my prediction. The top, rear bench, little wiring and Bellboy emblems and thats about it.

Of course it is like painting a bridge when you finish you just start all over again!
                  John & Diane Kelly

Comment

Hi John -

Did you say "emblems"?? Do you have the new ones from Marty? Is it NOT GREAT to have so many BB 404's in the picture now? There are five if us on this site. WONDERFUL!!

I really like the LED lights for the cockpit. What are they and where did you get them? Now that I have pedestal boxes like yours, I am going to put them in as well. Are you planning to have them wired to the running lights so when they are on, the LED's will be as well?

Indecently, I am going to be installing a really nice sound system in the BB when I get her out of storage next month. I have a nice new Sony head unit that plays AM / FM, Cd's, Sat radio and an I-pod dock. I am going to use the pedestal boxes as speaker enclosures (6 1/2" diameter "full range" ) and have those speakers firing toward the stern. I then have 4" speakers to mount on the V-berth shelf front. If I decide I need a sub-woofer, I can install a 10" on the wall below the cushion line inside the cabin. The radio itself will be mounted above the cupboard door in the sink cabinet where I can conceal the radio's depth.

I also found Teleflex international red gauges to match my speedo and tach. I found some fuel tank senders that will reach all the way down the 26" depth of my original BB tanks so I will finally toss the dip stick after 49 years!!!
                    Lastly, I will continue the floor I added in the cockpit into the cabin. Still trying to find a neater, more pro way of mounting my windshield to the cabin top. That will keep me busy for '09, no??

Best,
                    Bob
                    Attached Files

Comment

Great to hear from you. I have bought almost all my stuff several years ago (hanging my head) so i am not sure where the lights came from but they were only like $6.00 or so. I have a switch on my helm to turn them on or off. I am getting some rope light for the cabin https://ssl.adhost.com/noveltylights...pid=325&step=4 this is where i think i will get it.

No emblems yet but i think they are coming. Wow i want your sound system that will be awesome. Yeah the 404's are coming out of the woodwork and that is okay by me.

I will get my new top this weekend and it may look a little weird but i will need clear vinyl where it meets the windshield cause my noodle is right there. i will be sure to take pictures. I am soooooooooooooo ready to go boating.
                      John & Diane Kelly

Comment

Just 4 words:

Be
                        You
                        Tea
                        Full!

Whats this about emblems? I'm missing one "II" if I recall. Have been wrestling with how to mount the seats and am now thinking about going with a similar box deal instead of a pedestal. Does anyone know how they were built originally?

Comment

Bellboy Bobs is original mine is, well duct taped and bailing wired together. I just put it back in a way that suits me!

You can E-mail Marty and ask about emblems as i am not sure about availability. Off to the top guy tomorrow. Yipeeeeeeeeeeee!
                          John & Diane Kelly

Comment

Working...
                          X