2011 opening day theme

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 opening day theme

The Seattle Yacht club has officially released their theme choice for 2011 Opening Day parade!!!!

Start thinking costumes!!! The halloween stores are still open!!!! Would be really awesome if we could really get the group unified this year and beat those cocky ACBS poeple with their 100k dollar wood boats... CutUp1

Happy winter boating!!!! :Cold1: :boater1:
    Attached Files
    Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
    1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Salish Seas Treasures aptly describes our boats, we should win by default!
    Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
    Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Comment

Opening Day

Hope to make opening day this coming year. Interesting theme!?

Hope to bring my dad along on the boat for opening day. He is 97, grew up in Montlake. Swam the Montlake Cut in his youth! Will be a proud moment for me!
      Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

McSkagit, your father alone should be enough to win the category, having the Skagit as the Mothership followed by 20, 17 & 14' offspring would be neat. Might just have to hustle on our SkagitRod project if you can make it.

Comment

theme for opening day

It would be interesting to sort the club fleet by where they were made with some sort of banner acknowledging the cities. That would work for Skagits, Bell Boys, Glasspars, and I don't know who all else, but certainly would help celebrate the local nature of the classic boats. If we started with Skagits and had the Saratoga at the front of the line the voting would be over before they got to the second boat.
          Bruce H. Drake
          1956 Bell Boy Express 21'
          1957 Norseman 19' woodie
          1961 Glasspar Seafair Phaeton 17'
          1957 Lyman Runabout 13' woodie

Comment

Originally posted by BruceDrake, post: 14166
            It would be interesting to sort the club fleet by where they were made with some sort of banner acknowledging the cities. That would work for Skagits, Bell Boys, Glasspars, and I don't know who all else, but certainly would help celebrate the local nature of the classic boats. If we started with Skagits and had the Saratoga at the front of the line the voting would be over before they got to the second boat.
            I like the idea, except that I would have to attend with a different group, cause our boat was built on the east coast...
            Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
            1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

50 states represent!

Originally posted by Bflaherty, post: 14244
              I like the idea, except that I would have to attend with a different group, cause our boat was built on the east coast...
              Hey Brian, we've got your back. Our '61 "photoshop" Glastron was built in Austin, Texas-you wouldn't be alone...

Comment

Originally posted by Bflaherty, post: 14244
                Yep, mine was built in San Diego.
                Kent & Diane
                '58 Westerner

Comment

Idea

How about dressing in 1950 period style clothing. I'm not sure what that would look like since I'm young. The year I came to be was 1956. Is there anyone older then me that can still remember the 50's and what they were wearing? All I can remember about the 70's is bell bottoms, beads, long hair and long trench coats. I won't tell you what was in the pockets.
                  1956 Enduracraft Monterey
                  1976 Cal 2-27 Sailboat
                  1986 Mariner XL Seakayak

Comment

Originally posted by Lowell, post: 14314
                    How about dressing in 1950 period style clothing. I'm not sure what that would look like since I'm young. The year I came to be was 1956. Is there anyone older then me that can still remember the 50's and what they were wearing? All I can remember about the 70's is bell bottoms, beads, long hair and long trench coats. I won't tell you what was in the pockets.
                    You mean you remember what was in the pockets? :shocked3:

Comment

They are empty now, just stories.

I don't really remember what was in the pockets, but the friends that are still around tell me the stories and that's how I got or remember what was in them pockets.
                      1976 Cal 2-27 Sailboat
                      1986 Mariner XL Seakayak

Comment

Let see, The Fifties, not that I would remember. Think Eric Von Zipper AKA Harvey Lembeck

Engineer Boots, Black Jeans, White T Shirt, and a Black Leather Jacket with zippers on the sleeves, zippers on the cuffs, zippers on the pockets, and a Yellow Cab Drivers Hat.

I think I would go with a different fifties Icon.... Capt. Puget
                        Attached Files

Comment

I like the style but we need help.

The large black frame glasses, hat, leather jacket and best of all a cigar.

Most ads I see for those old boats there is a beautiful young lady in a one piece swim suit too. Sometimes they are waving and other times just sitting on the bow. Anyone know some young ladies that want to help us guys win the big grand prize, for best of show?
                          1976 Cal 2-27 Sailboat
                          1986 Mariner XL Seakayak

Comment

Al the young ladies I know got old. I hate when that happens.

Comment

Opening Day NWCBC Theme

I'd like to see the "Club" do a collective tribute to Don McCune, better known as Captain Puget for opening day.

Tim
                              Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Working...
                              X