Hi from Victoria bc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from Victoria bc

Hi there, I am from Victoria bc, and I like to mess around with boats. I have built a couple of plywood lake skiffs, restored an old fiberglass canoe. Have a 9ft dingy in need of repair and an old 12ft wood strip skiff that I am hoping to finish off some day.

I recently finished a complete restoration on a 17.5ft 1970's "kencraft".

There were no name plates but that was the name on the reg. I have not seen any other kencrafts this size so I am not totally sure that it is? Pictures included.

I replaced everything on the boat, had the motor completely rebuilt 198? Johnson 100GT

Anyhow, I always enjoy reading about others restorations and this is a great forum.
    Attached Files
    Gary W.

>=}}}}}}}>

Welcome to the forum, Gary

Gary, Welcome to the club forum. DOn't recognize your boat or its manufacturer. Built in B.C.?

I'm just a stones throw from you over on San Juan. Just got my project in the water after many years. Look forward to meeting you out on the waterways.

Tim aka McSkagit
    Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

restoration

Tim, is your boat 31ft, wow that is a lot of boat. My neighbor has a 40ft monk (wood) that they moved up to their house and have been restoring. Out of the water it is as big as a house.

As soon as I put mine in the water with my wife and 3 kids on board I realized that this boat is too small for us. I have been contemplating selling it and looking for something in the 19 - 20 ft range with a cabin that I can tow on a trailer to avoid the moorage fees. It will be really hard to part with now though after spending many hours in the garage working on it.

I live close to the saanich inlet so have been boating around there as this is my first boat other than little lake boats and the inlet is pretty calm. Good thing too as it has taken a few trips to get the "bugs" out. Had to run back on the kicker a couple of times.

Might see some of you guys out on the water next season.
      Gary W.

>=}}}}}}}>

Comment

Working...
      X