Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic boat writer

Hello all,

My name is Kristal Seeden and I write classic boat profiles for Boating World and Sea magazines. I have been sort of lurking around here and checking out your gorgeous boats, but I wanted to introduce myself. At present, I'm planning to write about Tim (McSkagit) Jones' Skagit 31 in Sea Magazine, and I am constantly looking for classics to feature.

Just in case any of you would be interested in sharing your story, I will tell you a little about what I'm looking for. For Sea, I am looking for fully restored, pre-1975 motoryachts over 30 feet with interesting backstories, either for the boat or owner, from the West Coast, California up to B.C. and Southern Alaska. For Boating World, I am looking for smaller pre-1975 powerboats, also fully restored, typically under 25 feet, from anywhere in the U.S. Both wood and fiberglass are welcome. I should also mention that for both magazines, classic boat articles will require several high-resolution photos. I've attached some jpgs of examples (I had to reduce them down so they'd fit the forum file size maximums, so apologies if they are hard to read) to give you an idea. If you'd like to get in touch with me, you can message me here or email me at kristal@goboating.com.

Hope you all have a wonderful new year!

--Kristal
    Attached Files

Originally posted by KristalBW, post: 15387

Hello all,

My name is Kristal Seeden and I write classic boat profiles for Boating World and Sea magazines. I have been sort of lurking around here and checking out your gorgeous boats, but I wanted to introduce myself. At present, I'm planning to write about Tim (McSkagit) Jones' Skagit 31 in Sea Magazine, and I am constantly looking for classics to feature.

Just in case any of you would be interested in sharing your story, I will tell you a little about what I'm looking for. For Sea, I am looking for fully restored, pre-1975 motoryachts over 30 feet with interesting backstories, either for the boat or owner, from the West Coast, California up to B.C. and Southern Alaska. For Boating World, I am looking for smaller pre-1975 powerboats, also fully restored, typically under 25 feet, from anywhere in the U.S. Both wood and fiberglass are welcome. I should also mention that for both magazines, classic boat articles will require several high-resolution photos. I've attached some jpgs of examples (I had to reduce them down so they'd fit the forum file size maximums, so apologies if they are hard to read) to give you an idea. If you'd like to get in touch with me, you can message me here or email me at kristal@goboating.com.

Hope you all have a wonderful new year!

--Kristal
    Hi and Welcome Kristal.

Too bad you missed our Annual Mason Lake event as you would have had Plenty to see and write about.

Maybe go though the Pictures and Albums to find some interesting boats.
    We have a pretty fair mix of them for sure.
    So look around and find one of many to choose from as I am sure the owners have lots to tell.

As far as Tim Jones and his Skagit, that needed to be on CNN. What a story...
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Saratogan Story

Wow! I guess the cat's out of the bag! This is amazing!:cool1:
      Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

I can't wait to see it in the magazine Tim. What a great story to go along with a beautiful restoration!
        Mark
        Silverdale, WA.
        1956 BellBoy Express 16

Comment

Working...
        X