Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from a budding wood boat enthusiast!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from a budding wood boat enthusiast!

Hi Everyone,

I'm not new to boating, but the world of classic motoryachts has been calling me for a while, so I thought I'd take heed. I currently have a 1977 Bayliner Victoria 2750, which I've played a significant role in restoring. As I continually replaced vinyl, melamine, and fiberboard with wood and gave the boat a new look and more character than Bayliner could ever imagine, I enjoyed the reward but kept asking myself "Why am I doing this to a Bayliner?" Nothing against Bayliner, but seriously... It was at that point I realized I needed to venture into the world of classic motoryachts and experience restoration and the use of wood in boating as it is meant to be.

My Bayliner is getting a new home. The soon to be new owner appreciates all that has been done and will be taking good care of her. Now I'm on the verge of being boatless and want my new boat purchase to reflect my developing appreciation for classic motoryachts. I was originally intimidated by wooden hulls, but gradually learned the intimidation was a result of scare tactics put forth mostly by people who don't really understand wooden hulls.

Being a newbie in terms of my appreciation and knowledge, I'm probably going to have tons of questions. The people here seem to invaluable knowledge and I hope to eventually contribute to the knowledge base rather than draw from it.

But on the other hand, I have extensive knowledge about electrical systems, wiring, and electronics. I'm happy to contribute in this capacity.

I'm looking forward to getting to know people on here and sharing experiences -- both good and bad.

Ed
    Ed & Lindsey
    Sacramento, CA
    1977 Bayliner Victoria "Astral Blue"
    Walnut Grove Marina

Welcome!

Ed,

Welcome to the forum, glad you found us. We'll look forward to seeing your new project! We have lots of experienced folks here who are willing to help, it's one of the key benefits of membership.

Be sure and post lots of photos when you settle on your new boat.

Tim

Comment

Working...
    X