Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a classic fiberglass boat in WA

Hi all:
    I am shopping for a "vintage" fiberglass boat and stumbled upon this group. I would love to find a Chris Craft Commander, but finding them this far west is hard! There are a few online in our neck of the woods, but they don't work for one reason or another.

I have decided to expand my search...there are probably other similar boats out there and I am open to learning about them. In case any of you have something to sell, or know someone who does, here is what I am looking for:

25 to 35 feet
    fiberglass hull
    NO laminate wood interior (this seems to start in the 1970's so I like the late 1960's so far)
    full inboard, twins
    soft top is preferable-no flybridges
    sleeps 4-6

Those are the basics. Thank you for entertaining my post on here.

That's large

Most of the members mainly deal with boats that can be put on a trailers and taken to boating destinations. It appears you are looking for a boat that would be kept in a marina. Some members have a few Tollys that are in the 24 foot range. If you don't get many responses that could be the reason why. Good luck with finding a boat, it sure is a good market for buying a used boat.
    1956 Enduracraft Monterey
    1976 Cal 2-27 Sailboat
    1986 Mariner XL Seakayak

Comment

Here's one in that size range that just went by our house. Hope it is still afloat. Not really what you are looking for but figure some might enjoy seeing what it looks like around here when the wind poops up a little.
      Attached Files
      There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Jerry, That's some "them-there" waves ! Chuck
        1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
        1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

1959 Skagit 25’ Express available For Sale.

Built by Skagit Plastics this 25’ Express Cruiser is a three owner vessel that retains its original hardware and fixtures. Powered by original Interceptor 312 V8 215 HP motor with 580 hours on the clock. Spacious cabin sleeps four and open deck has plenty of room for cruising or fishing.
          FEATURES:
          • 25’ LOA; 8’ Beam
          • Head w/chem toilet
          • Convertible dinette and twin bunks
          • Full canvas enclosure
          • AM/FM CD player w/ipod plug
          • 3 bilge pumps: 2 auto; 1 hand
          • 2 fuel tanks: 25 gal Port; 18 gal SB
          • Bennett trim tabs
          • Dual batteries
          • GPS; VHF; Fish finder/depth meter; Compass
          • Swim deck w/swim step
          RECENT WORK:

• Complete rewire - 2008
          • Rebuilt carbs - 2009
          • New distributor cap/rotor - 2008
          • New Bennett trim tab motor - 2009
          • Deck woodwork stripped/finished - 2009
          • Rebuilt water pump - 2010
          • Rebuilt alternator - 2010
          • Fresh bottom paint - 2010
          • New exhaust/engine hoses - 2010
          • Tuned prop from Sheffield Marine - 2010

Contact Robert @ 503.936.5683/raugur@aol.com for more information. Photos on request.
          Attached Files
          Robert Augur

Comment

One thing you could do is go to some marina's and look for boat that have not moved in years, There are lots of these where I keep my boat which is a Chris Craft. I keep it at Newport Yacht basin in bellevue, If you want I could let you in the gate and show you the boat that I know have not moved in years and then run down the owners. I know of one boat last year a 40ft Chris Craft wooden boat that was given away for free just to be able to stop paying moorage.
            You might also go to the Chris craft rendevous (spelling?) in Port Orchard in July, It is a great event, lots of fun.
            Jay

Comment

Working...
            X