late 50's Bryant 22' cruiser restoration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• late 50's Bryant 22' cruiser restoration

Glad to be here, and also hopeful to gain some insight in the remaining restoration of my Bryant 22' cruiser. I have been a carpenter/builder in north Idaho for 30+ years now, but this is my first time around with a classic boat restoration.

I own a 22' Bryant cabin cruiser and have done some restorative work to the fore to aft battens inside the plywood hull. This boat is in remarkably good shape as it was a one owner boat (with a lady, coast guard trained, owner/skipper), and has been dry warehoused for some thirty years.

I'm at the point of trying to hook up the original 1960 Johnson 75 hp electric start outboard to the original Vollrath push/pull single steering cable, but do not have any of the original transom mounting bracket hardware or steering linkage parts necessary. Is there anyone out there who could be of assistance with these details? I did notice some time back that Marty Loken seemed to have a fairly intimate knowledge of these older Bryants. I have a number of other questions as well.

Looking forward to becoming more familiar with this site, and am glad to be a new dues-paid member.
    Best regards,
    Charlie McCrum

Welcome

Welcome Charlie, glad you found us. We'd love to see some photos of your boat.

Tim

Comment

Hello Tim,

Unfortunately the boat is under a tarped over structure right now as we come out of the winter months up here. Hope to unwrap her in the next couple weeks and will try to get some pix sent.

Charlie

Comment

Working...
      X