Hi from Los Angeles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from Los Angeles

Just joined this group today (4/3/2011). My partner Claire & I are planning on hauling the Boat to Puget Sound, for about 2 weeks, this summer & I thought this Club would be an excellent place to find out about activities in the area. Perhaps even join up on a cruise or outing.
    My Boat's a 23 Ft. Dorsett, Farallon. It sleeps 2 nicely, 4 when the kids were small they're grown & gone now. It is our floating RV. I've owned it since about 1972.
    20/30 years ago I was active in the USPS, San Fernando Valley Squadron. I stopped Boating about 10 years ago, when my late wife became Ill, so the Boat was dormant for a while. Got Her running again about 2 years ago & have been using it on trips to San Diego, Sacramento River Delta, Colorado River and of course the local, Los Angeles areas.
    We're interested in cruising or just rafting up somewhere and BBQing Hot Dogs.
    John & Claire

Welcome John and Claire. This is a great place to make friends and get answers to boating questions. The club has some great outings planned. Becky and I live in the San Juan islands up near the Canadian border. They are a gold mine of scenic coves and fun places to visit. We have a 1957 Skagit Express Cruiser which we use to visit the islands with. If you get up as far as Bellingham, maybe we can show you around a bit.
    Jerry
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Give us some dates

Let us know when and where you are planning to go and we can see who's out and about . We have lots of folks all over Puget sound. I'm up near Lootsa in Bellingham. There are a few Dorsett's in the area. Post some pictures of the Mighty Farillon - Crab season opens around the 4th of July
      Attached Files
      Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

Working...
      X