New to Group- Woodway WA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Group- Woodway WA

Hello to all. My name is Bob Parks. I have been blessed to be boating for most of my life. I grew up in north Seattle and spent entire summers on Hood Canal at Bald Point with my family as a kid. My Dad introduced us to boating and skiing at a very early age. We are an avid family of boaters.

My Dad's first new boat in the late 50's was a Sande Ace (check out www.sandeace.com) and we had a number of really cool boats during the years I was growing up. Just a few of the noteable ones: Sande Ace, Anthony Jetstar, Barracuda Tunnel, Karelson Hydro and several Boston Whalers.....all really neat boats. Anyway, I went though the bigger boat thing for 20 plus years with my kids; introducing them to the San Juans and Gulf Islands- then moved on. Several years ago, I started looking for a Sande Ace to restore or more acurately, rebuild. I have had more fun finding, rebuilding the Sande Aces and improving my woodworking and painting skills on these cool old boats. I have met some really great people along the way- this boating thing brings them out. I am just now finishing up a rebuild of my second Sande Ace and will be dialing it in when the weather inproves.

I plan to participate in the club's activities and look forward to meeting the other members. I love seeing the great boats of past still being enjoyed for what they were intended.

Kindest Regards,

Bob Parks,

Woodway, WA
    Attached Files

Welcome to the group. I have sold the Anthony. Was nice to meet you when you looked at it. I think it has found a good home. Clint

Comment

Great to have you with us Bob! Enjoyed the link to the Aces. Some real nice boats in that club, too.
      Jerry
      There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Bob welcome to the club ! Are you just south of Edmonds ? Say why don't you come to opening day May 7th with us. People would really like seeing your boat. Chuck
        1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
        1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Bob, Welcome to the club. I am somewhat familiar with the Sande Ace and would love a ride in one someday. Way cool boats. Hope to see you at some of our events this year.
          Greg James

Comment

Welcome!

Welcome to the club Bob, I'm looking forward to meeting you and seeing your Ace. Like Chuck said, you should join us for opening day.

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by strobee, post: 16872
              Welcome to the group. I have sold the Anthony. Was nice to meet you when you looked at it. I think it has found a good home. Clint
              Clint,

It was great to meet you as well. Timing as they say is eveything. Your Anthony Jetcat was/is a great project.

I sold the first Ace- not intending to- and I am just finishing up the second one... I just need to get it in the water to work out the kinks.

I look forward to seeing you on the water soon.

Kindest Regards,

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by chuckcarey, post: 16874
                Bob welcome to the club ! Are you just south of Edmonds ? Say why don't you come to opening day May 7th with us. People would really like seeing your boat. Chuck
                Hi Chuck, Thanks for the warm welcome. Woodway is just south of Edmonds...when it grows up it may even get its' own zip. I will think about joining you on May 7 at the Lake Union Meeting area. The Ace has zero on the water time at this point and is really a flat water boat...going though the cut would look like I was pushing someone though it. LOL.

Kindest Regards,

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Lootas1, post: 16873
                  Great to have you with us Bob! Enjoyed the link to the Aces. Some real nice boats in that club, too.
                  Jerry
                  Jerry,

Thanks for the kind words!

Kindest Regards,

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by GregJ, post: 16875
                    Bob, Welcome to the club. I am somewhat familiar with the Sande Ace and would love a ride in one someday. Way cool boats. Hope to see you at some of our events this year.
                    Greg,

You will see me at some events. Riding is no good in an Ace. Driving it is only way to go. Plan on giving it spin.

Kindest Regards,

Bob

Comment

Bob, I had my Glasspar G-3 at the parade last year. No problem going thru the cut and back. Chuck
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Tim McCrain, post: 16878
                        Welcome to the club Bob, I'm looking forward to meeting you and seeing your Ace. Like Chuck said, you should join us for opening day.

Tim
                        Tim,

Thanks for nice welcome. I may just show up for a meet and greet at the Lake Union redezous location prior to the line up to go though the cut. It will force me to do a shake down run on this Ace. Thanks again for the welcome!

Kindest Regards,

Bob

Comment

Wow, nice G-3! She is a looker! Will you be running the running the G-3 though the cut this year?

Kindest Regards,

Bob

Comment

Chuck,

Maybe we both should run though this year....your thoughts?

Kindest Regards,

Bob

Comment

Bob, There is only one thing wrong with that idea. I sold the G-3 last Sunday. Kind of a long story, but the main reason is i had a BIG unexpected business tax bill and i can not touch other funds or i might have a divorce on my hands after 47 years.Don't get me wrong WE all have wonderful wife's, but there is a limit that we sometimes can push them....right guys? Has your wife given you the unexplained " LOOK ! " yet ? I met this one guy back in 1998 i have had 10 from him and still counting.The one on the ferry picture was the latest in March. Sometimes these boat go back and forth between members and ever since i have had more boats that i count but i know since 2003 it has been right at 20. Now i only have two and a lot of the guys will tell you that is a rock bottom number for a lot of us. These are the two i have as of now. If you would like to ride with me you are more than welcome or better yet bring your Boat as a lot of people along the log boom would love to see a boat like yours again, that's how it was with the G-3 last year some people where yelling "is that a G-3 ? " Going to see if Don that purchase my G-3 is coming May 7th. Best,Chuck

If you want to get a idea on how crazy we all are on these boats , go to the MAIN board and go to the 2nd page and click on "ITCHY" and you will have good reading.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X