Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New from Kootenay B.C.

Great site folks. Just purchased a 1961 Thermocraft 14.5 today with an
    Evinrude Lark III. Boat has been stored since 81 and the owners son figured it had been run 40 hours since new. Needs a battery and cleaning but its all there and in great shape. Trailer is a Tee Nee needs tires and bearing repack but made it home no problems. The wife loved the "Barbie" clear glitter steering wheel, so I guess its her boat. I'm working on a 1954 Peterborough Lakeside runabout, so enough projects for now. Thanks for the welcome.
    Chris
    Attached Files

Welcome!

Hi Chris, welcome to the forum. That's a cute boat, looks just right on the TeeNee. Your better half looks pretty happy behind the wheel, maybe if you do a good job on the restoration she'll let you drive it every once in a while!

We'd love to see some photos of your restoration in progress on the Peterborough.

Tim

Comment

Nice matched set

Very nice find Chris. It's interesting the number of old boats and motors out there that have seen little use... since the 50's and 60's. Great project, and welcome

Brian
      Brian Vickers
      Bainbridge Island, WA

Comment

Looks like a Bell Boy boat. Nice score and Welcome to the group.
        Helmar Joe Johanesen
        1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
        1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
        Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
        2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
        http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Think I found a close relative

Looking at purchasing a 1961 Thermoglass that looks very similar, it is also low hours and all original. Original 40 Hp Johnson motor. Stored indoors most of its life. Not too expensive and, I think, looks great.
          That trailer looks awesome!

Cheers,
          Dave

Ooops, will try pic later....

Comment

Chris, Very nice boat. What a great find. Welcome to the forum. Your wife looks like she has claimed that boat.
            Greg James

Comment

Working...
            X