Why wait, go this weekend!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why wait, go this weekend!

I plan on going overnight somewhere this weekend in the San Juans Islands or South Sound. Does anyone want to join me? Direction or location doesn't matter to me. Just two nights out is what I want.

If I go alone I'll head for Stuart or Susia Islands.
    1956 Enduracraft Monterey
    1976 Cal 2-27 Sailboat
    1986 Mariner XL Seakayak

Lowell You Dog! If you had given a couple of more days notice I could have arranged to go! Sucia would have been a good choice. Dratted work schedules...
    Chuck B.
    "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." K. Grahame "The Wind in the Willows"

Comment

Chuck

Darn, I hope you can make it in June. Is your boat done and ready to go?
      1976 Cal 2-27 Sailboat
      1986 Mariner XL Seakayak

Comment

Bellingham Bay

Lowell : If you are up around Sucia on Sunday take a diversion through Hales Pass and go into Bellingham bay. I should be there watching the finish of the "Sea To Ski " race , I think Melanie & Mary are going to launch also . Should be alot of boats out in the bay for the event. They have a Kayak leg of the race that goes from the Marina to Old Fairhaven. We will have Chan 69 on , Goes for you too Lootsa (Or anyone else) - Maybe you can get the mothballs out of Rosario by then ? :HandHorn1:
        Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

Mothballs are gone from Rosario. Had a nice trip over to Sucia last week. Viewing the end of the Ski to Sea race from the water seems like a fun idea. However, we are picnicking on the island that afternoon. Lowell, if you come down Hales Passage Sunday, we live about a quarter mile south of the green day marker on the island that is across from the red nun #4. Honk and wave as you pass by. Our house is the gray one.
          Jerry
          There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Rick and Jerry

Nice ideas I might swing through,
            What would be the best time to see the race? Where do you plan on waiting for the Kayakers?
            1976 Cal 2-27 Sailboat
            1986 Mariner XL Seakayak

Comment

End of the race

Its the end of the race so afternoon . To stay out of the way we will be at the south end , somewhere around Post point Buoy -
              Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

I am going fishing this weekend!

We'll be fishing for Marlin, Dorado, and Wahoo, in the Sea of Cortez. :fishing:

We'll be back next month, it may even be spring here by then. :Cold1:

We have a spare bed room if anyone is interested.

(from USA: 011-52-624-14-31882)
                Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
                Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Comment

Originally posted by Sammamish1, post: 17450
                  We'll be fishing for Marlin, Dorado, and Wahoo, in the Sea of Cortez. :fishing:

We'll be back next month, it may even be spring here by then. :Cold1:

We have a spare bed room if anyone is interested.

(from USA: 011-52-624-14-31882)
                  Now that's just not nice, teasing these poor, cold, people like that...
                  Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
                  1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Lowel, What launch? What time? Give me a call @ 206 790 1725. Short notice but I am seriously concidering it.
                    Greg James

Comment

Originally posted by Lowell, post: 17439
                      Darn, I hope you can make it in June. Is your boat done and ready to go?
                      The only things I don't have for the Whale are a GPS and a fuel flow meter. The latter is necessary because the OMC 351 Ford is not a Honda, and I only carry 35 gal at this point. But the boat will top out at about 40, cruises 18-24, and had enough space to overnight in so unless some hereto for unseen event occurs, I'm going in June!
                      ChuckB
                      "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." K. Grahame "The Wind in the Willows"

Comment

Working...
                      X