Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New User - Papsreinell

Hi All,
    I am interested in finding out some information about a Reinell boat that I recently picked up. It is older and there is not model name/number on it. All the paperwork was lost years ago and this boat has been sold a number of times. The person I bought it from thought it was a 74, but in looking at a picture I found, it looks more like a 68. It's 13.5 foot and it's a Reinell from Marysville. I have attached a picture of this boat. What I am trying to find out, is the exact year and model. Any and all help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I've checked Craig's List in Washington, Oregon and California for pictures and information on boats that look like the one I have. I have only found one with a square windshield instead of round, but it only had the year of the boat and no model name. Some Reinells have model numbers and some have model names, I have been unable to find either one.

Thank you all!
    Pappy
    Attached Files

Old Reinell

Pappy -

I think your guess of 1968 is probably correct, since this style didn't exist by 1974.

Finding coherent information on Reinell after about 1960 is hard, because
    the company fell on hard times, changed ownership a few times, lost track of its own historical records, photos, etc. and later ended up being purchased by the California company that still maintains the Reinell brand today--even though they have nothing at all to do with Reinell's rich history as a builder of wooden boats.

Their early fiberglass runabout lineup included a few unique and classic models (during the tailfin period of 1957-'59) like the Jetflite and other "Jet" models, but the rest of Reinells fiberglass boats struggled to compete as the industry consolidated into fewer and larger corporations such as Bayliner, Larson, Glastron, etc.

Perhaps you can post additional photos that show more of your old Reinell?

- Marty
    http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

I know that I have seen some interesting models by Reinell, such as the one that (Might be what Marty is talking about) looks like a 1959 Chevy from the rear. It was paper thin is all but looked Way cool.

Never the less, of what year and all that, you can still join in and, Getter wet with the rest of us.

So, Welcome aboard

(PS, I sent you a personal email, check your junk mail box)
      Helmar Joe Johanesen
      1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
      1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
      Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
      2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
      http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Reply to Helmer from Papsreinell

Hi,
        I wanted to thank you for your response to my questions about my Reinell boat.

I noticed on your profile that we have the same birthdate - different year, but same date.

I have found some numbers on an aluminum strip on the left hand side of the transome. RV814003. Not sure if this represents the boat model or not as through my reseach it's been indicated that there should be 10 digits.

I have two more pictures in my Profile of the Reinell. Please take a look and let me know what you think or if you need some more/different angles of it.

Thank you again for your help, it's really appreciated.
        Pappy

Comment

Reply to Marty from Papsreinell

HI,
          Just wanted to thank you as well for all your information. It explains why I am having so much trouble finding out any/more information on my Reinell.

As I posted to Helmar, I have two more pictures in my profile that might help identify it.

Please take a look and let me know what you think.
          Thank you again for your help.
          Pappy

Comment

Working...
          X