Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Introducing the Velvet Tank, and Cecil Jordan and Matt.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introducing the Velvet Tank, and Cecil Jordan and Matt.

Hello everyone, my name is Cecil, and Im new to the forum, just introducing myself and my new boat, and hoping to build up a few good contact down the road. My two friends Matt and Jordan and myself bought an early 60s bellboy ballerina, red on top and white on bottom, and have christens her The Velvet Tank, in honor of the old Heidelberg Brewery. We lucked into a later 70's Johnson 40hp Electromatic, but are still looking for controls for it. Ive sanded all the red down and patched any small gouges and chips and old holes from rod holders and cup holders, and repainted the whole top fire red. Once we find a windshield that fits and the Johnson controller we should be on the water. We are first time boat owners, 23 years old, and super excited about our new project, and getting out on the water in the Tang. Ill post up pictures as things progress, and if anyone has any ideas for where to find a controller or a windshield, I would love the help.
    Attached Files

Welcome to the club! Velvet Tank looks like a fun ride. There are lots guys (and a few gals) in the club who have a lot of knowledge to share. (I just don't happen to be one of them) Some are even Bell Boy enthusiasts.
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Welcome to the group and Nice boat too.

Might check out our events page on the website.
      www.classicboatclub.com

Get a measurement to see how wide your windshield will have to be and we can see if anyone has one.

Looks nice enough of a boat that you might want a new one on her from Midi Plastics.

Enjoy
      Helmar Joe Johanesen
      1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
      1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
      Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
      2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
      http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Whoops, little typo. Shes the Velvet Tang, not Tank. Haha. Not tough enough to be a tank. Thank you for the windshield tip, ill get a good measurement and check out getting a new one in the meantime.

Comment

Cecil, you might try "Tom's Outboard" in Olympia for a control box. He is a great guy, and has lots of old Johnson and Evinrude parts.
          Jack Leslie
          1948 Sande launch
          1962 Stiletto

Comment

Working...
          X