Newbie in Seattle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie in Seattle

Hi! I'm the current caretaker of "Summer Solstice" my 1967 Glasspar Seafair Sedan, that is about 90% restored/rebuilt. My wife, todder son, and I live in Seattle. I've been an off and on boater for a couple decades, starting in the Navy (crossed the Pacific twice), and owned an old beat up 1972 Glastron that I sold when I went to law school. I used to be a master furniture maker (before lawyer) so I've got all the skills and tools for all the bright work and customization on Solstice, which still needs to be done. My family and I are looking forward to doing lots of camping, cruising, and boat shows with Solstice over the coming years. So I have a few questions of the group. One, does anybody local to Seattle have a Seafair sedan that I can come look at? I've got the only one I've ever seen. Two, how do I buy a NWCBC pennant/burgee?
    Thanks, Sean in Seattle...
    Attached Files
    :Skipper1: Sean Kuhlmeyer, JD
    (Sean the Lawyer in Seattle)
    1967 Glasspar Seafair Sedan - "Solstice"

Sean, glad to see you found us. This is Steve, we talked a couple weeks ago from the Seafair Owners forum. I know there at least a couple Seafair's in the group for you to compare to. Have a great summer of boating.
    Steve Kiesel
    1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Hi Sean, welcome to the forum. We're out of burgees at the moment, I'm working on finding a new supplier and a couple of new designs for members to choose from.

Tim

Comment

Hey

Hi Sean, Welcome to the club I've talked with you on the Glasspar forum we were going to meet and have a beer sometime Paul

Comment

Welcome aboard

Enjoy!!
          Helmar Joe Johanesen
          1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
          1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
          Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
          2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
          http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Thanks for the welcome's. Thanks Steve & Paul from GOA; yes beer sounds good. Hopefully tomorrow I'll schedule a USCG aux. inspection, and get my sticker. I got my bow light working today, a nifty LED unit that will hide inside my old chrome beauty after I rebuild it and send it off for chrome restoration. And I installed a secondary fire-extinguisher, so I think I can pass, and stop risking boarding and tickets. I'm looking forward to seeing other classic girls on the water...
            :Skipper1: Sean Kuhlmeyer, JD
            (Sean the Lawyer in Seattle)
            1967 Glasspar Seafair Sedan - "Solstice"

Comment

Working...
            X