Our 59 Skagit posing with Tim's 32 footer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our 59 Skagit posing with Tim's 32 footer

I didn't include a picture on my first "new users introduce yourself" posting so here is one taken in front of Tim Jones' Saratogan in Friday Harbor. Our daughter Hannah is at the helm, she did a whole lot of the restoration for her senior project in high school. Our restore job wasn't 100% true to the original, including raising the hard top so I could stand up straight while driving, using varnished wood on the interior, different color paint job (original was pinkish white and black),... but we like it. No, actually we love it. We also used to love to log onto the old "fiberglassics" website for inspiration while we were working on the boat.

I agree with a recent posting (by Tim) "pay it forward and take a kid boating". I have certain rules though, so far I haven't let any youngster under six years old drive without assistance or land a salmon without some advice on how to play it. We started our own kids (and their friends) early. Taking a kid fishing is almost like cheating... our youngest won the local American Legion Salmon derby when she was 8, catching a 24 lb'er unassisted, almost a third of her body weight at the time. More fun to come in the future, but now that our's are grown, I have to borrow other peoples kids.
    Attached Files

Terry,
    Thanx for sharing the pics and story.We used to go fishing alot more but now we raise fish that are released into a local Creek in West Seattle where they return as 15-18 lb Hooknose Silvers.
    Certain people always brought good luck when aboard but with Kids along,the luck and things that went on were amazing.
    2 years back we had a 25 lb King on the deck,another on the line cartwheeling as 7-8 Killer Whales surfaced not far away in the background near Vashon Island.We went whale watching and then returned to land 2 more Kings on the day.:fishing:
    I let my kids (and guests)drive often as they may be the one to drive me(or another) to safety while a pc of paper won`t do much when something unexpected arises.
    Enjoy the updated boat as well,and don`t feel bad your daughter didn`t use the exact materials or layout as original,they float and go just as good if not better.
    TimM
    unk.year 10` Mahogeny "DragonFly"racer
    15` SAFE boat w/120 hp Johnson
    SeaRay 175BR
    Hi-Laker lapline
    14` Trailorboat

Comment

Working...
    X