La Conner boat show

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• La Conner boat show

August 13th is the La Conner boat show. Cost is $15 per entrant. Same price for one and no additonal price for additional boats or cars. It will help me if we can get an idea as to the number of boats, but pre-register is not necessary. Either e-mail me at cstrobe7@msn.com or post on the forum if you want to come. It is a great opportunity to visit with other club members and boaters. The town of LaConner is also a nice place to shop and explore. Some will leave their boats in LaConner Saturday night and go for a cruise on Sunday. Go to the La Conner chamers web page and look at the download about the show. Please post any questions as I am sure that you will need more info. Will try to keep everything posted and current. Clint
    Attached Files

This is an event that should not be missed. If you have never been to LaConner and one of these shows, you don't know what your missing.

If you are possibly worried about being judged, don't. The people look at these boats and say, hey, I can do that, they are not perfect (some are ;-) but still Classics.

Fun people, fun time and a super fun town to visit. :GoTeam1:
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Great day - Lots to do

I'll be there Clint with both Boats , I would like to show the flyer as a work in progress to let people see what they look like mid way through the transformation . Sarah & I always have a good time at the show, talking to people - look at the cars and the Big boy boats down at the dock. My highlight last year was the guy at the dock with his big old Chris craft and he made a drink blender that was powered by a chain saw motor . Best way I ever heard of to announce "Happy Hour " Those guys that always show up with their "Rat Boat" are always interesting also . I will probably leave one of the boats at your boat farm the night before if possible ?

See you there :HandHorn1:
      Attached Files
      Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

Hey Rick, That is a cool looking row boat in picture #1 and a super looking G-3 under that cover in pic #2 ...wait a minute i think i know those boats. Chuck
        1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
        1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Clint, I will be there with Bainbridge. Chuck
          Attached Files
          1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
          1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

As Helmar said this is not a judged show, although this year a peoples choice award will be given for a fiberglass boat on a trailer. I have always wanted a blackberry boat at the show. A boat green with moss and a few blackberry vines still on it. The show should be everyone can see what are hobby is about and what can be done with an old fiberglass boat. Clint

Comment

Me too

I'll be there with the Sabrecraft

Tm

Comment

We'll be there Clint although we may repeat last year and launch the boat after the show and spend the night at Hope Island or ???. Should be a good turnout.

M&M
                Attached Files
                1958 Skagit 20 Offshore hardtop cruiser "Kanigo"

Comment

I will be there with a boat...

Would be ok to put my like Performer Havoc on display with a for sale sign on it? Or is that a little too trashy??

See you all there!!!
                  Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
                  1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

For Sale signs are fine. Look at Melanie's picture of the rat boat, trashy is fine. The show is to have fun. No judging just have a good time and talk about boats. Clint

Comment

Originally posted by strobee, post: 18275
                      For Sale signs are fine. Look at Melanie's picture of the rat boat, trashy is fine. The show is to have fun. No judging just have a good time and talk about boats. Clint
                      Well then I am going to be there with the Havoc for sure, and if I can swing it I may try to bring the Chris Craft as well.
                      Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
                      1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

La Conner show

yes this is a great event. The best for the club to acquire new nembers. I saw lots of boats for sale last year. I bought 2 of them that where for sale at the show. I will not be at the show till later in the day.
                        Ingvar "Swedster"
                        Ingvar (Swedster) Carlson

Comment

Show

I hope to be there and this year will take the Penn Yan...maybe put something funky on the back like the 1928 Elto Quad rather than the Merc KG9:boater1:

Comment

Originally posted by RJY007, post: 18309
                            I hope to be there and this year will take the Penn Yan...maybe put something funky on the back like the 1928 Elto Quad rather than the Merc KG9:boater1:
                            Nice! I'd like to see that.

Tim

Comment

La Conner

I'm signed up and will show up Friday night so I'll be there with the Saratogan for the pancake breakfast Saturday morning. Will probably cut out in mid afternoon Saturday so I can attend the Latts and Atts party in Friday Harbor.

Talked to Scott McDade yesterday and believe he and Fran will be there. Scott, it's the 13th, not the 14th!

McSkagit
                              Attached Files
                              Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Working...
                              X