Central Oregon newby

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central Oregon newby

New here. I'm retired and living in Terrebonne, Oregon. I am trying to ID and restore an old boat that was given to me. Looks to be a worthwhile project. I'll be learning as I go. I would appreciate any help or info I can get during this endeavor. All I know about this boat is that it is a 1960 14' 4" fiberglass runabout with emblems on it that say ClassicBoat / Santa Ana, Calif. Hull number is 2278. Having difficulty locating any info on it. Would love to see a pic if anyone has one. Got to know where I'm going with this.
    Thanks, Bruce

Hey Bruce.
    Welcome aboard and Yes on the restore as you will find that we have several on here that do that stuff (I think I like working on them more than using them, pretty sad affair....)

Need Pictures of your project to share with others....:TakePicture1::TakePicture1::TakePicture 1::TakePicture1:

Ejoy opcorn1:
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Welcome to the group Bruce. I'm also in Central Oregon, down the street from you in La Pine. There is lot of great boating in the area. I'm hoping to make it up your way to Cove Palisades in the next couple months. Probably wait until September when all the kiddies go back to school.

Have fun with your project.
      Steve Kiesel
      1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Welcome!

Originally posted by Bruce Buck, post: 18395
        New here. I'm retired and living in Terrebonne, Oregon. I am trying to ID and restore an old boat that was given to me. Looks to be a worthwhile project. I'll be learning as I go. I would appreciate any help or info I can get during this endeavor. All I know about this boat is that it is a 1960 14' 4" fiberglass runabout with emblems on it that say ClassicBoat / Santa Ana, Calif. Hull number is 2278. Having difficulty locating any info on it. Would love to see a pic if anyone has one. Got to know where I'm going with this.
        Thanks, Bruce
        I'm new too, Here anyway, think you'll have better luck if you post some pic's somehow? Santa Ana Ca. is where my '60 Glasspar G3 was built but might have been more mfg's there?:fishing:

Why no pic's in threads? Strange format:TakePicture1:
        Bill's Dry Dock, in Smoggy LA!
        3 CD, G3's. 2 '60's and a '59
        1 '63 Seafair; Life raft,Ha!

Comment

Well, since I was only trying to introduce myself on my first post, I guess I need to take it one step further. Hopefully, these pics work. This is what I have to begin with. Hope some of you recognize the boat manufacturer. Again, thanks for responding.[AT[ATTACH]10356.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]10357.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]10358.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]10359.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]10360.vB[/ATTACH]ACH]10356[/ATTACH]
          Attached Files

Comment

Cool looking old boat and looks in ok condition, be careful with the windshield as with age could crack easier perhaps. The emblem is pretty neet Do you think that C could be a G, GlassicBoat ? I see a loop at the bottom of what you say is a C for ClassicBoat? Bill

Comment

C or G

No, the emblem is a C as it runs straight into the L. I had to go out and re-look at it. But, thanks anyway. Bruce

Comment

Bruce so its a ClassicBoat. Was just talking to Mike Moore and what he said is true, back in those days some boat companys only lasted a year if that long as many were trying to get in on the new fiberglass boating rage. If Rod B chimes in he might know? Wonder if you have a rare one? Think your right about getting info on the boat here, best to post on a few sub forums i'm sure so more guys see it, like in General Discussion?. B..

I know Mike Bigfoot in Hesperia ca (on GSG forum) has a SeaSwirl p-14 , he restored it and looks great with alot of wood accents. All the hulls look the same to me also, the bow grab handle looks the same, hard to see though?

Comment

That boat hull looks to be the cookie cutter hull that is called the P-14 which I think was created by Sea Swirl. You bought hulls and put your design of decks on it to make it your own design........I think.......
                  Anyone else want to jump in here as this is sure not written in stone.

Here is my P-14 which is the "sport" model were in fact, most I have seen are like yours, more into the Fishing or Utility models. Its the all white one.

The Green and white boat is called an Elgin.......Looks pretty much the same once side by side hull wise..

Look at the hull.

Those hulls were noted to be Very stable in rough water too.

Anyway :TwoCents1:
                  Attached Files
                  Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

I definately see the resemblance in hull design. I will take your advice and put pics on the more used discussion forum and hope someone can id this even closer. Thanks to you both for your help. I'm sure we can figure this out. ----Bruce

Comment

Classic Boat Trophy 14' Santa Ana

As you know, The classic builder is out of business. I too have a Classic boat. It's a Trophy. were you able to find anymore web pages on this boat?

Comment

Welcome aboard...

Do you have any photos of your boat to share ?? :TakePicture1: :TakePicture1:
                        Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Working...
                        X