Opening Day Parade--We're Registered

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opening Day Parade--We're Registered

We've submitted registration papers to the Seattle Yacht Club for the 2009 Opening Day Parade (Saturday, May 2)...so I guess it's time to get serious about the event, which is just over a month away.

Time to ask who might be planning to participate?

If you're definitely bringing a boat, or just leaning in that direction, please indicate below, since we need to get a final boat count to the SYC between now and the final cut-off date, April 23.

Thanks!

- Marty
    http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

My goal is to have my restoration done in time so if all goes as planned Count me in ! I'm sure information about times and place will follow.
    Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

Marty, Sue and I are planning to be there. Really enjoyed it last year. - Ross
      Ross Henson

Comment

I will have my Playmaster there (not sure of the Captain yet). Looking forward to it! I think I am also going to take my Tolly through with the ACBS if anyone is just looking for a ride through.
        BRIAN FRANCHINI
        LAKE TAPPS, WA.

Comment

Marty, Will be there. Best,Chuck
          1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
          1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Looking forward to it!

Cheryl and I will be there (in what boat I'm not sure yet!). Only 1 boat this year and hopefully we can get thru the cut without breaking down.
            Gordon and Cheryl Davies

Comment

Opening day is finally here again!!!

So I will deffinately have the Havoc and a large crew. We might have several towables or possible a second little boat, not sure yet still in the design stages of our "Decorations".

This year my crew has already decided that we want to make sure the Classic Boat Club gets the recognition we deserve.
              Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
              1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

practice sessions

It seems to me that last year several people got together with the less experienced skippers to do a sort of rehearsal a week or so in advance. If this is the case again we would be interested in attending the opening day festivities.
                1958 Skagit 20 Offshore hardtop cruiser "Kanigo"

Comment

As far as I know I will be working that weekend.
                  Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
                  Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Comment

Practice Session...?

Melanie -

We could do that again if members wish. Last time, our group met at American Lake and paraded around for awhile, mainly to get the hang of following one another at a steady trolling speed--as close as reasonably possible. (The parade rules suggest that fleet boats are supposed to be cruising at 5 mph and only 1-2 boat lengths apart, as I recall. That turns out to be virtually impossible with our group and all others I know of. No matter how many times you try, it's hard to feel comfortable that close to the person in front of you....so it's worth practicing.)

If we do not wedge a practice run into the schedule, we can always leave south Lake Union a bit earlier than normal and parade in 'close formation' around Lake Union for awhile, before venturing over to the parade holding area in Portage Bay. That might actually be more effective training, since everybody would be there, and the learning experience would be fresh when we begin the actual parade.

Anybody have any thoughts...?

- Marty
                    http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Marty,

I deffinately agree that "training" just before the parade is better then training a week or two in advance. I know my motor is a little tempermental and it's cruising abilities are different everyday depending on wheather conditions, passanger load, etc.
                      Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
                      1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Marty,

Chris, Dylan and I will be there in some sort of wild west costume. Looking forward to it, and to meeting all of you!

Comment

Working...
                        X