Hello

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hi everyone my name is Allan and i just bought my first boat , a semi restored 1966 pacific mariner with an old johnson 35hp outboard. I live on lake sammamish so with the great weather today i took it out for a spin. and the throttle snapped and didnt work anymore , so i took the control box apart and there is a plastic gear that broke apart inside. i have no idea who the manufacturer is because there are no markings but it does look original. any ideas on where to get a replacement? i would hate to "ruin" the boat with a new control box. this is a great page and I am glad to be apart of it! except for the lack of sleep i'll get tonight from reading all the forums.

Cheers!

Allan

Welcome

Hi Allan, hope you were able to get some sleep ...

The best thing to do is post a wanted ad in the classifieds with a photo of your control and the year / serial number of your motor. Controls for those motors aren't hard to come by, ask here and watch Ebay, Craigslist, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if someone here has one they would sell.

Tim

Comment

Welcome aboard.

Something else that might help is just post a quick picture here of your controller. Pictures aways help :TakePicture1: :TakePicture1: :TakePicture1:
      Helmar Joe Johanesen
      1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
      1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
      Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
      2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
      http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Welcome Allan!

I think I know what you're talking about as I had the same thing happen to me. You should be able to get the plastic gear from Seaway Marine in Seattle. They have a lot of the older OMC parts. They had one in stock when I broke mine.

http://www.seawaymarine.com/

Good Luck!
        Mark
        Silverdale, WA.
        1956 BellBoy Express 16

Comment

Working...
        X