Mason Lake, Sept. 24

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mason Lake, Sept. 24

Thom Adams, facilitator of the Saturday, Sept. 24 Mason Lake Rendezvous, has been having computer challenges but he wanted to remind everyone that the annual event is coming up and he's secured the beautiful Simpson Park property once again.

The Simpson property is at the far south end of the lake, with picnic shelters, restrooms, a nice launching ramp and dock, and acres of woods and waterfront. Folks will start arriving by about 10 a.m., and there will be a casual potluck in one of the picnic shelters around 2 p.m. (or whenever everyone gets hungry).

Exact address of the Simpson Park will be published here as we get closer to the event...

- Marty
    Attached Files
    http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

This is our big year end outing too.
    This is the event that if you don't have a boat, Show up for boat rides.

This is our Group Photo event by the way....Hope to see everyone...:boater1:
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

I'm looking forward to the event!
      Karl
      17' Johnson Runabout (1964) Completed
      18' GlassCraft Imperial (1959) Done!
      19' Campion Bowrider (1999) Great family ski/tow boat
      25' Skagit (1960) Two of them. What am I thinking?
      14' Axtell Aquacraft (1950ish)
      14' Stilleto

Comment

Mason Lake

I am planning to come up there from Independence. I will bring my G3 with the merc 700.

I have several 2 blade props for the 700 that I can bring if there is anyone who would like try out for size several Merc Props. 17" 19" 21". I will look for my file of 48-xxxx numbers on them.

Comment

Mason Lake

The 2 blade props I have are
          48-32388 A3 19"
          48-29654-21 A2 21"
          48-31456 A3 19"
          890 336 33 018 17"

I am willing to bring them if anyone with older Merc's want to trythem on their boat. Each one has a different character on the G3.

I have a file of early Merc prop numbers and apps. It is too big for the forum. (790kb) If you want a copy let me know by email and I will send it to you. I have it broken down into six 80kb files and one 200kb file also..

Comment

I'll be there! :cool1:
            Mark
            Silverdale, WA.
            1956 BellBoy Express 16

Comment

Mason Lake

Just in case anyone wants to make a trial run at Mason Lake, this weekend the ACBS (Antique & Classic Boat Society) will be having an event at the Simpson park. The Keels & Wheels event is hosted by the Mason/Benson Community Club and will be a combination boat and car show with boats both in the water and on trailers. So far there are 30-35 boats and close to 100 cars responding both spanning from the 1920's to the 1970's. There will be a Poker run for the boats around 1:00 and BBQ available for purchase from the Mason/Benson Club. Gates open at 9:00 and the show and fun should go until around 4:00. The event is open to the public. If you don't have a boat or don't want to bring one, come on down anyway. The woodies will be giving rides all day long. Since I am going to be out of town next weekend, I am going to represent the Glass side with my Playmaster at this event. Hope everyone has a great weekend next week. If you have never been, this is such a fun Lake that is mostly deserted by this time of year (=glass water and fast runs down the 3-4 mile length!!). The Simpson Park is an ideal location for a family fun day!
              Attached Files
              BRIAN FRANCHINI
              LAKE TAPPS, WA.

Comment

I'll be attending the ACBS show as well. I'll see you there Brian.

Mark
                Mark
                Silverdale, WA.
                1956 BellBoy Express 16

Comment

Gee, Joe, I have a boat and a truck and a trailer. Unfortunately, they are all on Lummi Island and our ferry is out for the rest of September. Hmmm, don't suppose Mason Lake has a sizeable river I can run from the saltchuck to?
                  There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Originally posted by Lootas1, post: 19325
                    Gee, Joe, I have a boat and a truck and a trailer. Unfortunately, they are all on Lummi Island and our ferry is out for the rest of September. Hmmm, don't suppose Mason Lake has a sizeable river I can run from the saltchuck to?
                    Here's what you do..

1. Get extra heavy duty straps to hold boat to trailer.
                    2. Launch boat still strapped to trailer.
                    3. Disconnect trailer from truck and tie boat to dock.
                    4. Run boat over to neareast mainland launch ramp (with trailer secured below)
                    5. Walk to nearest truck rental and rent a truck with trailer hitch.
                    6. drive to Mason lake and have an amazing time!!!

To get home just reverse steps. :Good one:
                    Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
                    1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Katherine and I will be there. Sounds like fun. Andy E.

Comment

Brendan, Khristopher and I will be there. Can't miss this one!

Comment

I am planning on being there. I'm hoping to bring the 1948 Sande. If not, I'll bring the Stiletto.See you on Sat.:Bigdriving1::
                          Jack Leslie
                          1948 Sande launch
                          1962 Stiletto

Comment

Mason Lake

I was a mason lake yesterday and what a great turn out for the Keels & Cars event. It was a sell out. Hot coffee, brats and burgers keep out minds off the rain, Mid day was no-rain so the big Wooden Boats where giving rides, and the cars well OH My O MY
                            A Blast From the Past. Next Sat Sept 24 is clear skis , warm weather so Grease Up those wheels bearings and head to MASON LAKE
                            Ingvar SWEDSTER
                            Ingvar (Swedster) Carlson

Comment

Simpson Park Address

The address for Simpson Recreation Park--if you're planning to attend and want to do a Google Map search or enter it into your GPS--is 500 East Mason Lake Drive West, Grapeview, WA 98546.

As Ingvar says, the weather forecast for next Saturday is pretty decent...so far at least.

- Marty
                              Attached Files
                              http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Working...
                              X