New Member- FarallonPDX

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member- FarallonPDX

Newbie here, new to boating, and this site. Just purchased a 1958 Dorsett Farallon. Good hull/ motor. Needs a lot of cosmetic and electrical work but it is there. I live in Portland OR and with the fall weather approaching I want to get started right away... Here are a few pics...
    Attached Files

Welcome, looks like a nice complete find.

Thanks for posting the photos, I look forward to seeing your progress on her.

Tim

Comment

Thanks and I will. I have all ready started, needs a new bulkhead and door, cabinets and the ice box is out. The electrical is the trick, most of it is speaker wire but I plan for AC/DC system. Found a alcohol stove on CL, so a galley is in order... What have I got myself into?!?!

Comment

You're keeping the icebox, right? That thing is too cool!

Comment

Welcome to the group.

I know that model pretty well. Plywood stringers and all.
          Just before you step down into the cabin, you have 18" of air space between the floor and the hull. Done a complete wiring jobs on several as well.

Questions, ask away

Oh, and Chuck Carey should have a bunch of photos to share on the one we did a bunch of work on for him too.
          Helmar Joe Johanesen
          1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
          1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
          Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
          2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
          http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Originally posted by Helmar, post: 19680
            Welcome to the group.

I know that model pretty well. Plywood stringers and all.
            Just before you step down into the cabin, you have 18" of air space between the floor and the hull. Done a complete wiring jobs on several as well.

Questions, ask away

Oh, and Chuck Carey should have a bunch of photos to share on the one we did a bunch of work on for him too.
            More pictures and inspiration are needed. I want to see pictures and get ideas for this cabin. I did find a working alcohol stove. I do need to redo the electrical and would LOVE shore power set up so any and all pics that are available would be helpful. Thanks for rolling out the welcome mat!

Comment

Originally posted by Tim McCrain, post: 19677
              You're keeping the icebox, right? That thing is too cool!
              It is cool but not practical for me. I just may list it for some else to put to use... but I do love the latch... Very cool indeed!

Comment

Ice Box ?

I don't see the cool Ice box - ? Did I miss a picture ? If you have a picture of the Ice box inside and Out - I may have some Dorsett stuff you may be interested in ??
                Attached Files
                Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

Originally posted by FarallonPDX, post: 19689
                  It is cool but not practical for me. I just may list it for some else to put to use... but I do love the latch... Very cool indeed!
                  Hhmmm ... if it's in good shape and you decide to get rid of it, drop me an email?

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by Tim McCrain, post: 19692
                    Hhmmm ... if it's in good shape and you decide to get rid of it, drop me an email?

Tim
                    You can't put a Dorsett Ice Box in a Skagit ? P.C :Police1:
                    Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

Originally posted by bham-rick, post: 19693
                      You can't put a Dorsett Ice Box in a Skagit ? P.C :Police1:
                      What the heck is he thinking:nono1:. Everybody knows that

Comment

Why not? The ice won't know the difference!

Comment

I don't think the ice is the issue here:NoWay1:
                          I'm sure that there is something dark and sinister about putting Dorsett stuff on a Skagit.
                          There might even be an old rule that would penalize the abuser of said rule something horrible like --------- standing on the dock for 1 summer while someone else uses your boat and you just have to stand there and watch ------ or inlaws staying with you for 1 year and asking to borrow money or worse yet your boat!

Just food for thought hrer is all <------ look at that I'm so shaken up by this that I missed spelled a word:Shocked:

Comment

I see nothing at all wrong with classing up a Dorsett accesory by installing it on a Skagit. I mean, gee whiz, that icebox has languished for decades in that Dorsett, don't you think it deserves the chance to finally move up the ladder?

hehehe ... :Runaway1:

Comment

Originally posted by Tim McCrain, post: 19701
                              I see nothing at all wrong with classing up a Dorsett accesory by installing it on a Skagit. I mean, gee whiz, that icebox has languished for decades in that Dorsett, don't you think it deserves the chance to finally move up the ladder?

hehehe ... :Runaway1:
                              Well now you did it You just had to "I'm better then you" thing or "my thing is bigger and better" or "the biggest tool wins" or "if yours was just a little bit newer" or "my stuff has more -------- oops wrong
                              VeryBigSmilepost sorry :computers1:

I'll be back
                              :boater1:

Comment

Working...
                              X