Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake Powell Next April

Hi all,
    I joined this group so Claire & I could meet up with the group on the July 23rd and 24th – South Sound exploration. It started our 2 1/2 week trip on the Sound. We had a thoroughly enjoyable time.
    Thank you for the good advise on places to go and things to see.

It's been too long since I've had my Boat on Powell. So we are planning on going there for a week, on the water, in April starting the 15th. It's roughly the same distance from LA as it is from Olympia.
    Our plan is to launch at Wahweap and we should be able to get to Bullfrog. We'll need to find a different beach every night. Claire and I will camp on the Boat, others may want to do the same or pitch a tent on shore.
    Years ago, when I belonged to the Power Squadron we had an Active Trailer Boating Group. I've attached a couple of pictures from our 1976 Cruise (Please excuse the quality. I had to scan old pictures to get them). We would have 20 or 30 Boats on a Cruise and had to breakup into small groups of 4 or 5 to avoid traffic jams.
    Powell is one of the most beautiful places on earth and best seen on the water. If you don't want to trailer your boat. There are plenty of places to rent anything from a Canoe to a Houseboat.
    The Dates are still flexible. Anyone want to join us?
    Attached Files
Working...
X