unsceduled events

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unsceduled events

I would like to remind everybody that if you have a spur of the moment idea of getting out on the water for what ever reason and you would like some company please post your idea and you might be surprized of what might develope. Last Saturday Greg Lamp posted that he was going to Lake Stevens the next day to trial his Glastron to iron out a problem he was having. Eventhough I wasn't able to get my boat ready in time I jumped at the chance to get out on the water and especially to catch a ride on Gregs' little hot rod. Bruce Bridwell showed up with his Skabit runabout to work on some problems he was having with his engine. We all had a great time and we were able to support each other in case of a breakdown.
    Lowell Lorenze usually guides a unscheduled cruz up the Snohomish River and through Ebey Slew every year (one of my favorite cruzes) and there is always a good turnout for that.
    I would like to do a cruz on Lake Washington with a raft together, overnighter at Mathews Bay when the weather gets a little better.
    Winter cruzing is a good time to go because the presure on the launches and water is minimal as long as you dress for it. I am planning on de-winterizing my boat soon and taking advantage of this and when I do go out I will be sure to let everybody know.
    Just because it's the off season, it doesn't mean we can't go for it.
    Greg James

Greg, When you are de-winterizing your boat, what all do you do ? Turn the key ? Just kidding. I think i will put all of the safety equipment ( USCG ) back in as it takes so long to mount everything again. And just add my boat heater. Chuck
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Chuck, There's not a tremendous amount of stuff to do, but to do it in a fairly short period of time is not fun. These days if it aint fun I don't do it. First I bring the batteries up to a full charge and put them back in the boat. Then I have to put the prop back on. I like to start the engine to burn the fogging oil out and make sure the idle is right and check that it is going to shift right. The canvas has to go back on and all the the essentials have to go back in the boat. That's not to much of a push but this time of the year I feel that I would have to reverse that when I get home. Being kind of lazy I think I will wait until Feb. or Mar. to do that and hook it up to the truck and leave it until Nov.. I'm getting kind of ansy about getting out on the water so I might do it next week. Whatever. Maybe we can do a Snowhomish River/Ebey Slew cruz (Lowell?).
      Greg James

Comment

Ready to roll

Bring it on guys, I am always looking for an excuse to pull the boat cover off. Love the Snohomish River Run, and dropping anchor/rafting in Andrews Bay/Seward Park has always intrigued me. Holly's place has a great view just above the bay, I usually ask her in the morning what she thinks people do for fun while at anchor there?

Comment

Getting out on the water

I take the Saratogan out just about every day. Not the last two days due to six inches of snow in the cockpit.
          Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Re-Winterizing?

At minimum, we don't have a problem with lake levels...
            Like Shasta

Comment

Running the Sloughs of the Snohomish/ whale watch

There are some good weekends to run the Snohomish River Sloughs and delta with a visit to Marysville where we can tie up to a dock and have lunch. This trip usually covers 20 to 30 miles so bring plenty of gas. Tune the motors cause we travel quick but stop at all the pretty spots which there are many.

The best tide this spring is March 3rd, 4th and 17th, the good weather window will determine which day it is.

The start time in the water is 10am and we return back about 2pm. Need to go when the tide is at a good level so don't be late.

If the group is interested and the wind and weather are fair we could go out into Port Gardner Bay and look for the Grey Whales instead, two or three whales usually return every spring about this time.

Are you interested?
              1956 Enduracraft Monterey
              1976 Cal 2-27 Sailboat
              1986 Mariner XL Seakayak

Comment

This event is one of my favorites so I will be there.
                Greg James

Comment

Greg,

Originally posted by GregJ, post: 20983
                  This event is one of my favorites so I will be there.
                  Greg,
                  With this good weather coming this weekend I can feel spring. I want to get out on the water soon. I'm glad you are interested, hope you make it. I posted this trip under it's own heading so other people could see it. I hope our good friend Richard can join us this year.
                  Lowell
                  1956 Enduracraft Monterey
                  1976 Cal 2-27 Sailboat
                  1986 Mariner XL Seakayak

Comment

Lowell, I hope Richard can make it also. He needs a successful run at it.
                    Greg James

Comment

Working...
                    X