nav light socket replacement?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nav light socket replacement?

I have a socket identical to this one that needs replacing. I have seen some that are similar on Jamestown and other sites but if you notice on the photos, this light socket has a clip that secures it to the navigation light fixture. I need one specifically configured like this one...Any ideas where I would look?

Thanks,
    Bob
    Attached Files

Tomorrow at work I'll check my Auveco catalog which is mostly automotive but has scores of sockets. If you can find an old time auto parts store ask them if you can check out their "illustrated buyers guide" for electrical stuff...some catalogs (hard paper, forget that computerized nonsense) will have this section in the back of the book instead of a separate catalog.

This is just what it sounds like, photos or line drawings of a given part along with a part number and sometimes an OEM cross reference and/or a partial listing of application....real handy for oddball stuff like this! I can almost guarantee you that none of the kiddies working at Autozoned will know about these catalogs. Yep, I fart dust!

Comment

Just got back in town and am perusing my Auveco book. Don't see any sockets with that clip but am wondering why yours needs replacing...if the contacts have gotten corroded or the spring has gone bad then you may be able to rebuild it by replacing same.

Auveco lists a universal pigtail socket connector #5221 that may work...depending on diameter of course. Check out the bottom of this page: http://auveco.com/download/pdf/201.pdf
      This has 2 wires like yours. Most auto body supply shops carry this brand and they should be able to order it for you. Try NAPA also.

Comment

Will do. Thanks very much

Comment

Bayonnet socket

Hey Bob,
          I get those at B+B auto parts and use them under the dash for Bowlight indication/Courtesy lighting.
          The old trucks and cars use an Yellow/Amber lense for turn signals and these work great for an non-glaring lighting.
          Ask for a 1963 GM truck turn signal base and you may score.
          I bet the flat plate most bases have could be twisted with needle nose pliers to form the clip you desire.
          TM
          unk.year 10` Mahogeny "DragonFly"racer
          15` SAFE boat w/120 hp Johnson
          SeaRay 175BR
          Hi-Laker lapline
          14` Trailorboat

Comment

Working...
          X