Sloughs of the Snohomish/ whale watch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sloughs of the Snohomish/ whale watch

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are some good weekends to run the Snohomish River Sloughs and delta with a visit to Marysville where we can tie up to a dock and have lunch. This trip usually covers 20 to 30 miles so bring plenty of gas. Tune the motors cause we travel quick but stop at all the pretty spots which there are many.

The best tide this spring is March 3rd, 4th and 17th, 2012-- the good weather window will determine which day it is.

The start time in the water is 10am and we return back about 2pm. Need to go when the tide is at a good level so don't be late.

If the group is interested and the wind and weather are fair we could go out into Port Gardner Bay and look for the Grey Whales instead, two or three whales usually return every spring about this time.

Are you interested?

Yep, we’re in. We would be looking to launch up river to minimize our trailer's sodium intake.

Comment

I'll be there. The boating bug is bitin my butt big time.
      Greg James

Comment

Ya Man!

I would like to go as well, I've been re-configuring my BellBoy. Seating and moved the batteries, and fuel tank forward amidship. Trying to get it wrapped up this week. We are hoping to spend alot more time boating this year. Can't hardly wait! - Ross
        Ross Henson

Comment

slough

Hello lowell
          Count me in , I Am READY. Just install the Swamp Prop so I am all set for the Shallow Sloughs like never before. LOL
          Ingvar - Swedster.
          Ingvar (Swedster) Carlson

Comment

Tune in again a few days prior

Weather sure has been nice last couple of days, wish the boat was ready to go. Tune into this site again to figure out which day we're all going. We have a choice of three days so lets go on the nicest day. I'll figure it out 5 days prior to the trip, hope that works for everyone. Lowell
            1956 Enduracraft Monterey
            1976 Cal 2-27 Sailboat
            1986 Mariner XL Seakayak

Comment

Slough event

Hello Lowell
              Keep me on the sign up list always ready FOR YOUR SLOUGH ADVENTURS. Ingvar

Comment

Snohomish

Originally posted by Lowell, post: 21050
                Weather sure has been nice last couple of days, wish the boat was ready to go. Tune into this site again to figure out which day we're all going. We have a choice of three days so lets go on the nicest day. I'll figure it out 5 days prior to the trip, hope that works for everyone. Lowell
                Hello Lowell Looks like this weekend may be yucky or R U still thinking its a go, ? Whats your thoughts or R U considering a look for
                better weather for the 3-17 ? Ingvar

Comment

Waiting for a forecast on Thursday.

It appears winter still has its grip on the Everett area, however it could change in a short period of time. I would like to wait until Thursday to make the call on waiting until March 17th. I hope this is not too late for people to prepare their rides.
                  1976 Cal 2-27 Sailboat
                  1986 Mariner XL Seakayak

Comment

Anyone Interested---For this Sunday the 4th?

Sunday looks like a better weather window, cloudy, overcast and at 53 degrees. Not bad for early spring. The plan is to meet at Rotary Park in South Everett with a later start of 1030 in the water.

If there is no interest this weekend I will offer to go on March 17 or 18th.

If you are interest in seeing gray whales I haven't heard of any yet out in the bay.

If you can make it on Sunday please let me know.

Lowell
                    1976 Cal 2-27 Sailboat
                    1986 Mariner XL Seakayak

Comment

Lowell, Wouldn't miss it. Sunday looks really good weather wise so lets go for it.
                      Greg James

Comment

March 4 Slough Adventure

What time shall we meet and what marina ?

Ingvar Swedster

Comment

Meeting location and time

Same location as last year. Rotarty Park in Everett, 3505 Lowell-Snohomish River Rd. Everett, WA . Take the 41 street exit off I-5 and head downhill on 41st---turn right onto the first city street--- and in about 1 mile--- turn left down towards the river. Have your boat in the water by 1030, $5 to launch--- my cell number is--- four two five three two seven 220 one. or the same cell number as last year. Looking forward to seeing another differant boat, surprise me!

Greg glad you can make it. Mr. Lamb-- got a boat ready to join us?
                          1976 Cal 2-27 Sailboat
                          1986 Mariner XL Seakayak

Comment

Originally posted by Lowell, post: 21397

Greg glad you can make it. Mr. Lamb-- got a boat ready to join us?
                            Boat is ready...too much going on. Hope the weather holds for you guys.

Comment

Going again, Saturday the 17th

I will be on the sloughs again next weekend, same time, same place. But will only go if there is no rain. Stay tuned I will look at the weather forecast on thursday morning. If you're interested-- come along, just remember it's a 2 to 3 hour trip so bring enough fuel, lunch and something hot to drink. The launch ramp can be 10 miles away so the motor should be well tuned.
                              1976 Cal 2-27 Sailboat
                              1986 Mariner XL Seakayak

Comment

Working...
                              X