Opening Day Costumes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opening Day Costumes

Okay, now that we've finished the Boating Safety Class it's time to focus seriously on the Opening Day Parade, Saturday, May 2 in Seattle.

Hopefully, the Northwest Classic Boat Club will have a large fleet for its public debut--our first appearance in the parade. (Okay, we did it the last few years as FiberGlassics Northwest, but this time feels really specia...at least to me.) Please consider bringing your boat: it doesn't have to be perfectly restored, since this isn't a boat show...but more of a celebration of the start of boating season.

The theme this year, as most of you know, is "Wild, Wild West."

If you want to find all kinds of cowboy hats, Western costumes, etc., just go to eBay and do a search. You'll find quite an array of mostly-affordable Buy It Now products that'll help our fleet look the part.

Obviously, if some members want to go farther in carrying out the theme, have a ball. (I gather than Brian Flaherty and his zany crew are cooking up something special, and Lauryn suggested today that she may appear as a horse's behind...(?!?) It's worth participating just to see that one...

We're only weeks away from the event, so maybe members can indicate if they're planning to attend.

I'll be there with the 1955 Lady Clipper express, which I sold to Bruce Drake last year and am in the process of buying back. It'll most likely be powered on Opening Day by my old Johnson 25hp, which Norm Boddy is working on as we speak. (I knew I shouldn't have let the Lady Clipper go...so it's awfully nice to have her back in the fleet.)

- Marty
    Attached Files
    http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

That is what is nice about Classicboatclub.com
    It does Not have to be Fiberglass.

The YoYo clipper
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Originally posted by Marty Loken (Norseboater), post: 2203
      Okay, now that we've finished the Boating Safety Class it's time to focus seriously on the Opening Day Parade, Saturday, May 2 in Seattle.

Hopefully, the Northwest Classic Boat Club will have a large fleet for its public debut--our first appearance in the parade. (Okay, we did it the last few years as FiberGlassics Northwest, but this time feels really specia...at least to me.) Please consider bringing your boat: it doesn't have to be perfectly restored, since this isn't a boat show...but more of a celebration of the start of boating season.

The theme this year, as most of you know, is "Wild, Wild West."

If you want to find all kinds of cowboy hats, Western costumes, etc., just go to eBay and do a search. You'll find quite an array of mostly-affordable Buy It Now products that'll help our fleet look the part.

Obviously, if some members want to go farther in carrying out the theme, have a ball. (I gather than Brian Flaherty and his zany crew are cooking up something special, and Lauryn suggested today that she may appear as a horse's behind...(?!?) It's worth participating just to see that one...

We're only weeks away from the event, so maybe members can indicate if they're planning to attend.

I'll be there with the 1955 Lady Clipper express, which I sold to Bruce Drake last year and am in the process of buying back. It'll most likely be powered on Opening Day by my old Johnson 25hp, which Norm Boddy is working on as we speak. (I knew I shouldn't have let the Lady Clipper go...so it's awfully nice to have her back in the fleet.)

- Marty
      Oh the pressure. But I will deliver..something that resembles the hind quarter of a large four legged creature. Hopefully Horse, worse case, Bovine. Cow pies may also factor into the equation. Either way, it will relate to the Wild Wild (Blue Yonder) West.

Comment

Like your avatar. Who's that jackass in your boat.
        Steve Kiesel
        1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_Kiesel, post: 2212
          Like your avatar. Who's that jackass in your boat.
          Hey I resemble that remark

Comment

Time is getting rather short..

Well my "zany" crew is deffinately cooking something up, what that will ultimately become we're not really sure yet. Have so many "BIG" ideas swirling around its hard to get any of our 8 people to agree. But due to the fact that we are all young dumb and most of all invincable, we are leaning toward a large flotilla of inflatables with a tribe of wild indians chasing a boat filled with costumed frontiers poeple.

So everyone needs to start doing their respective sun dances and hope we get a little better weather this year. Last years "swimmer" nearly caught hypothermia... ooops!!!
            Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
            1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Working...
            X