Who's Coming to Opening Day?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's Coming to Opening Day?

Okay, with two weeks left, it's time to get serious about the Saturday, May 2 Opening Day Parade.

Who is planning to join in the fun, and with which boats? And how many might be in your party?

We'll post more details as we get closer to the event, but let's start a sign-up string here...

We'll be there with an unidentified boat; probably two of us. I know of four other members who will be in the Parade, but who are not likely to confirm their participation here on the Message Board, so that makes five boats so far.

Thanks!

- Marty
    http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Marty, Will be there with my son and either the G-3 or Skagit Rosario. Best,Chuck
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Hi Marty,

We'll be there with one boat, one adult cowboy, one adult in a bovine costume (it was as close as I could get to the original idea of a horse's backside), and one child cowboy. Hopefully we will be able to behave ourselves , launch okay, not create any rookie operator mishaps, stay in line, not embarrass the club, and get back all in one piece. Oh my that's a lot to ask....:eek:

Comment

If the weather is good?

My son Dylan and I are planning to be there in the 16T PowerCat. I think Cowboy hats are about as far as we will go with the attire. Anybody know where we can get a good deal on a couple of low budget hats?

Doug G.

Comment

Sue and I are planning to attend, riding 'Ol Slomow our 16 ft. BellBoy. Hope to wear cowboy hats, not rain hats! - Ross
          Ross Henson

Comment

Cowboy Hats...

Doug -

You can find a zillion cowboy hats on eBay, including some that are less expensive 'costume' types...as opposed to felt Stetsons.

(What do you mean, 'Depends on the weather'?? Opening Day is famous for having every kind of weather imaginable, so cowboy up and come--no matter what!

- Wrangler Ole

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

We Need More Parade Boats!

What's up? We should have a LOT more members signing up for the Opening Day Parade. Either some of you are waiting to see how the weather looks, or you don't have a boat ready, or you have other plans that are more fun than the Opening Day Parade...(??)

C'mon, folks. This isn't a boat show. Your boat doesn't have to be restored to participate in the Parade...it's just a celebration of the start of boating season, and spectators love seeing our old classics, whether they're restored or ratty.

Sure hope more of you decide to join in the fun...

- Marty

Comment

Wish we could be there Marty! I'm out of town on business that weekend. We hope to make the next event though...

Mark
                Mark
                Silverdale, WA.
                1956 BellBoy Express 16

Comment

It's the work schedule.

Marty,
                  I work every other weekend so that limits my available boating time. Frequently the events are on weekends I work. That is the case with Opening Day, If it wasn't necessary to supply high quality drinking water to the people in Snohomish County I would be there. Lowell
                  1956 Enduracraft Monterey
                  1976 Cal 2-27 Sailboat
                  1986 Mariner XL Seakayak

Comment

Marty,

I have been franticly trying to get my boat ready, also the parade day does conflict with the opening of shrimp season. I could shrimp early and be on my way if I finish the wiring.

I did get my Bearcat running with the help of Bill Roberts who has definitely helped over and above what could ever be expected.

Tom Sexton

Comment

Marty,

We are still up in the air as to our particpation as we are scheduled to have Bill Roberts hang the engine on the Stiletto the next day. If I can swing the Friday before and the following Monday off we'll be there.

Melanie
                      1958 Skagit 20 Offshore hardtop cruiser "Kanigo"

Comment

I will have the Playmaster there. I am bringing my Tolly as well to go with the ACBS group, so at this point, I am not sure which boat I will be in, but both will be there.
                        BRIAN FRANCHINI
                        LAKE TAPPS, WA.

Comment

I hope to get my 64' Johnson (I always have to be careful when I talk about my Johnson) in the water this weekend. I spent the past year fixing a stupid paint issue on the hull.

If it runs, I'm there.

Karl
                          17' Johnson Runabout (1964) Completed
                          18' GlassCraft Imperial (1959) Done!
                          19' Campion Bowrider (1999) Great family ski/tow boat
                          25' Skagit (1960) Two of them. What am I thinking?
                          14' Axtell Aquacraft (1950ish)
                          14' Stilleto

Comment

Looking forward to opening day!

Cheryl and I will be there in western wear. Probably in the Sunliner (since it is already up and running for the summer!) We wanted to take a different boat, but there seems to be about 1000# of outboards in the way!:eek:
                            Gordon and Cheryl Davies

Comment

We`re in.

Marty,
                              My family and I should be there in Miss BeeHaven ,we`ll get our test runs in next week,then Fish for Lingcod on the May 1 opener......Shrimping always sounds good but smelling cat food and Jack Mackeral always spoils the day.
                              Looking forward to some more great pictures and conversations.
                              Archee McPhees in Ballard should have some good Cowboy garb,but were to move at some point so look them up before driving all over.
                              See you`all there!
                              TimM
                              unk.year 10` Mahogeny "DragonFly"racer
                              15` SAFE boat w/120 hp Johnson
                              SeaRay 175BR
                              Hi-Laker lapline
                              14` Trailorboat

Comment

Working...
                              X