Mayfield

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayfield

Hi Everybody, We have run into a big problem with the Lake Mayfield event. The host/cordinater (Diane and Kent Hodge) will most likely not be able to host or cordinate this event. Diane fell and severely broke her shoulder and arm. She is allright now but she might need surgery and she will need rehab.. We need somebody to at least cordinate that event so if you are interested please call Diane and Kent. There ph. # can be found in the NWCBC directory. Diane and Kent have hosted this event for the last several years and have done a really nice job but you would not be expected to plan and cordinate everything they did. The most important thing would be to just secure a date for this event. I would recommend the week end after labor day Sept. 8-9. If you would like to speak to me about this please call.
    Greg James

So I'd be interested in rescheduling Mayfield lake to another date. My family had a nice time there last year, and since there were kids and a playground it is 4yr old approved. I'd even be willing to possibly serve as 'host', but I can't make the current dates up for discussion in September as we will be on vacation from 9/7-9/23. So a few questions, what interest is there in moving Mayfield to August?
    :Skipper1: Sean Kuhlmeyer, JD
    (Sean the Lawyer in Seattle)
    1967 Glasspar Seafair Sedan - "Solstice"

Comment

Sean, The Mayfield event has been held in August in the past. The main reason we changed it to the weekend after labor day was that the resort wouldn't allow anybody not staying at the resort or not mooring at the resort to dock at there facility. That might have changed. I guess it all depends on who the manager is. It is also much easier to get a camp sight or room after labor day. Last year they reserved a bunch of moorage all together for NWCBC members and there was a fair number of sights and rooms open. If you would like to organize and host this event sometime in August I would recommend that you contact the resort and ask them if moorage would be available to our members who launch elswhere on Sat.. There are usually several people who launch at the state park but might not be able to make contact with the rest of us if they are not allowed to tie up at the resort.
      Dianne and Kent Hodge are still interested in hosting this event if Diane feels up to it. The plan is that I hope to hear from them around August 1st. to let me know what there plans are. If they aren't able to coordinate and host this, I will but the date will be Sept. 8 and 9. If it turns out that the resort docks will be open to everybody in August and you would like to coordinate and host this in August please let me know before the end of the month.
      Greg James

Comment

If you don't know, the ownership of the resort changed just before last year, so they are in their second season, with new management. I had a long talk with the owner last year, and in addition to making changes to some things from the previous owners, he loved having the old boats there. I'd be willing to bet that if there is space, they would be willing to have us in August. Especially because we are a returning group. I'll talk to the wife and consult out schedule this week/weekend. Then get back to you/everybody.
        :Skipper1: Sean Kuhlmeyer, JD
        (Sean the Lawyer in Seattle)
        1967 Glasspar Seafair Sedan - "Solstice"

Comment

Sean, That sounds great. I do appreciate your willingness to do this. Let us know what you find out as soon as you can. Thanks a lot.
          Greg James

Comment

Working...
          X